Doug Liman in Talks to Helm Sci-Fi Children's Book Adaptation 'Railhead'
Doug Liman is adding another potential project to his plate. The Hollywood Reporter learns that the "Mr and Mrs Smith" helmer is courted to direct an adaptation of upcoming sci-fi children's book called "Railhead" for Warner Bros.
Set in a futuristic world where trains run through space via portals, the story follows a petty thief hired to steal an object that happens to be more important than he was led to believe. It sets off an adventure that could change the course of the galaxy.
The movie is based on Philip Reeve's book which is due fall 2015 via Oxford University Press. The story is reportedly packed with interesting characters, human and otherworldly figures. Denise Di Novi and Alison Greenspan will serve as producers.
Liman's next movie, "Edge of Tomorrow", is slated to hit U.S. theaters on June 6 with Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt on the key roles. He is also attached to direct video game adaptation, "Splinter Cell", led by Tom Hardy.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos