Doug Liman in Talks to Helm Sci-Fi Children's Book Adaptation 'Railhead'
Doug Liman is adding another potential project to his plate. The Hollywood Reporter learns that the "Mr and Mrs Smith" helmer is courted to direct an adaptation of upcoming sci-fi children's book called "Railhead" for Warner Bros.
Set in a futuristic world where trains run through space via portals, the story follows a petty thief hired to steal an object that happens to be more important than he was led to believe. It sets off an adventure that could change the course of the galaxy.
The movie is based on Philip Reeve's book which is due fall 2015 via Oxford University Press. The story is reportedly packed with interesting characters, human and otherworldly figures. Denise Di Novi and Alison Greenspan will serve as producers.
Liman's next movie, "Edge of Tomorrow", is slated to hit U.S. theaters on June 6 with Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt on the key roles. He is also attached to direct video game adaptation, "Splinter Cell", led by Tom Hardy.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour