Doug Liman in Talks to Helm Sci-Fi Children's Book Adaptation 'Railhead'
Doug Liman is adding another potential project to his plate. The Hollywood Reporter learns that the "Mr and Mrs Smith" helmer is courted to direct an adaptation of upcoming sci-fi children's book called "Railhead" for Warner Bros.
Set in a futuristic world where trains run through space via portals, the story follows a petty thief hired to steal an object that happens to be more important than he was led to believe. It sets off an adventure that could change the course of the galaxy.
The movie is based on Philip Reeve's book which is due fall 2015 via Oxford University Press. The story is reportedly packed with interesting characters, human and otherworldly figures. Denise Di Novi and Alison Greenspan will serve as producers.
Liman's next movie, "Edge of Tomorrow", is slated to hit U.S. theaters on June 6 with Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt on the key roles. He is also attached to direct video game adaptation, "Splinter Cell", led by Tom Hardy.
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?