Doug Liman in Talks to Helm Sci-Fi Children's Book Adaptation 'Railhead'
Doug Liman is adding another potential project to his plate. The Hollywood Reporter learns that the "Mr and Mrs Smith" helmer is courted to direct an adaptation of upcoming sci-fi children's book called "Railhead" for Warner Bros.
Set in a futuristic world where trains run through space via portals, the story follows a petty thief hired to steal an object that happens to be more important than he was led to believe. It sets off an adventure that could change the course of the galaxy.
The movie is based on Philip Reeve's book which is due fall 2015 via Oxford University Press. The story is reportedly packed with interesting characters, human and otherworldly figures. Denise Di Novi and Alison Greenspan will serve as producers.
Liman's next movie, "Edge of Tomorrow", is slated to hit U.S. theaters on June 6 with Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt on the key roles. He is also attached to direct video game adaptation, "Splinter Cell", led by Tom Hardy.
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake