Doug Liman in Talks to Helm Sci-Fi Children's Book Adaptation 'Railhead'
Doug Liman is adding another potential project to his plate. The Hollywood Reporter learns that the "Mr and Mrs Smith" helmer is courted to direct an adaptation of upcoming sci-fi children's book called "Railhead" for Warner Bros.
Set in a futuristic world where trains run through space via portals, the story follows a petty thief hired to steal an object that happens to be more important than he was led to believe. It sets off an adventure that could change the course of the galaxy.
The movie is based on Philip Reeve's book which is due fall 2015 via Oxford University Press. The story is reportedly packed with interesting characters, human and otherworldly figures. Denise Di Novi and Alison Greenspan will serve as producers.
Liman's next movie, "Edge of Tomorrow", is slated to hit U.S. theaters on June 6 with Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt on the key roles. He is also attached to direct video game adaptation, "Splinter Cell", led by Tom Hardy.
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked