Courtney Love Returns With New Track 'You Know My Name'
Courtney Love premiered a new song on BBC Radio 6 with Steve Lamacq on Monday, April 22. The track is titled "You Know My Name" and it will officially be released on May 4 as a double A-side single accompanied by another track called "Wedding Day".
"You Know My Name" features quickly-strummed electric guitar, a throbbing drum beat and Love's strong vocals. "Hey! I am the one/ The one to blame/ I'll bring the shame/ Reputation precedes us all / I was never here!" she sings.
After dropping her new single next month, Love will embark on a U.K. tour which will start on May 11 at the O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire in London. The Hole frontwoman will wrap up the 9-date tour on May 22 at the Newcastle Riverside.
"I feel most at home in the U.K. and can't wait to catch up on TOWIE and play in my second and hopefully, inevitably my first home. I grew up half a British citizen and I just miss it. I can't wait to play for my Brits," she recently said of her upcoming tour.
The widow of Kurt Cobain has been quite busy in the past few months. After seemingly confirming Hole's reunion and later denying it, she recently joined Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl to celebrate Nirvana's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Earlier this month, she also made headlines after making comments about Bruce Springsteen, whose The E Street Band was among Hall of Fame inductees. "I really like him; he's a nice guy," Love said of the Boss. "My Springsteen problem is just that saxophones don't belong in rock & roll. They just don't belong."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences