Hank Cochran, Mac Wiseman, Ronnie Milsap to Be Inducted Into Country Music Hall of Fame
Hank Cochran, Mac Wiseman and Ronnie Milsap have been announced as this year's Country Music Hall of Fame inductees. The announcement was made in a ceremony held on Tuesday, April 22 at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville.
Cochran, who died in 2010 after a long battle with pancreatic cancer, will be inducted in the "Songwriter Era" category. In the past, the country star from Mississippi penned songs for the likes of George Jones, Willie Nelson, Loretta Lynn, George Strait, Patsy Cline, Waylon Jennings, Elvis Presley and Linda Rondstadt among others.
Meanwhile, Wiseman will be inducted into the "Veteran Era" category, which is given to an artist who achieved national prominence more than 45 years ago. The singer, who was diagnosed with polio when he was six months old, was a noted bluegrass vocalist and musician whose career included stints with Bill Monroe and Flatt & Scruggs. He has recorded hits such as "Shackles and Chains", "Jimmy Brown the Newsboy" and "Love Letters in the Sand".
"I have always been proud of my role in making country music popular. Being inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame is the icing on the cake and certainly a highlight of my career," Wiseman said of his induction.
Milsap will be inducted in the "Modern Era" category. The 71-year-old singer is popular for classics like "Smoky Mountain Rain", "It Was Almost Like a Song" and "Stranger in My House". During his career, he has had forty No. 1 singles, six Grammys and eight Country Music Association (CMA) awards.
"I've wanted to be in the Country Music Hall of Fame for as long as I can remember," Milsap said. "I love making records. So we keep doing these things year after year after year, and to finally be recognized, I thank you. I'm so grateful and so honored, and I want to do things continually to make you proud of the Country Music Hall of Fame."
The 2014 honorees will be officially inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame later this year at the annual medallion ceremony.
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her