Jessica Chastain Cast in 'Dark' Marilyn Monroe Biopic
Jessica Chastain will be back playing a blonde in new Marilyn Monroe biopic. It has been reported that the "The Help" star is cast as the beloved actress in Andrew Dominik's "Blonde", replacing Naomi Watts whose casting was revealed four years ago.
"Blonde" is based on the Joyce Carol Oates' Pulitzer-nominated book about Monroe. Compared to Michelle Williams' "My Week with Marilyn", this would be a more elaborate look into Monroe's life from the point of view of the classic beauty herself. Names of the men in her life were never mentioned in the book and only referred to as the President, the Ex-athlete, the Playwright, etc.
Chastain has been on the top of Dominik's list since February. "I've been working on it for years and I think I've finally got a version of it that's doable for the money," the director described the movie's tone to HitFix. "So I'm pretty excited to go make that film. The movie's kind of like a horror film. It's a descent into ...It's horrible."
He continued, "It's absolutely so f**king dark. I'm really, really into it. It's almost told from the point of view of her internal drama. She's got this sort of personal mythology about the way she sees the world, and everything that you know about her is recast in that light. So it does a lot of using the audience's association with iconic things, but against them. I think the movie will be really powerful."
Production will begin in August.
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'