Lorde Delays Australian Tour Due to 'Chest Infection'
Lorde has been forced to scrap her Australian tour after she fell ill. According to a statement released by tour promoter on Monday, April 21, the New Zealand singer was ordered to return to her homeland for "immediate rest and recuperation in order to regain complete health and continue touring for the rest of the year."
Following the announcement, Lorde took to Twitter to explain the delay. "In case you missed the announcement earlier, I have had to postpone my Australian shows because of a nasty chest infection and general ill health," she wrote.
"I am so so gutted to have to do this but my parents and my team stepped in telling me I needed a break after being non-stop since the Grammys in January," she continued. "We will 100% be back for this tour (most likely in November) so don't worry about that. I just need time to get back to full gollum girl fitness before I go out playing shows again."
She additionally apologized for postponing her shows, saying, "I'm truly sorry if I let you down or if you feel inconvenienced by this and I hope you can understand."
Lorde was supposed to kick off her eight-show Australian tour in Melbourne on April 24. The tour promoter is currently working on rescheduling the concerts. Refunds will be available if "the new dates are not suitable."
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune