Lorde Delays Australian Tour Due to 'Chest Infection'
Lorde has been forced to scrap her Australian tour after she fell ill. According to a statement released by tour promoter on Monday, April 21, the New Zealand singer was ordered to return to her homeland for "immediate rest and recuperation in order to regain complete health and continue touring for the rest of the year."
Following the announcement, Lorde took to Twitter to explain the delay. "In case you missed the announcement earlier, I have had to postpone my Australian shows because of a nasty chest infection and general ill health," she wrote.
"I am so so gutted to have to do this but my parents and my team stepped in telling me I needed a break after being non-stop since the Grammys in January," she continued. "We will 100% be back for this tour (most likely in November) so don't worry about that. I just need time to get back to full gollum girl fitness before I go out playing shows again."
She additionally apologized for postponing her shows, saying, "I'm truly sorry if I let you down or if you feel inconvenienced by this and I hope you can understand."
Lorde was supposed to kick off her eight-show Australian tour in Melbourne on April 24. The tour promoter is currently working on rescheduling the concerts. Refunds will be available if "the new dates are not suitable."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri