Lorde Delays Australian Tour Due to 'Chest Infection'
Lorde has been forced to scrap her Australian tour after she fell ill. According to a statement released by tour promoter on Monday, April 21, the New Zealand singer was ordered to return to her homeland for "immediate rest and recuperation in order to regain complete health and continue touring for the rest of the year."
Following the announcement, Lorde took to Twitter to explain the delay. "In case you missed the announcement earlier, I have had to postpone my Australian shows because of a nasty chest infection and general ill health," she wrote.
"I am so so gutted to have to do this but my parents and my team stepped in telling me I needed a break after being non-stop since the Grammys in January," she continued. "We will 100% be back for this tour (most likely in November) so don't worry about that. I just need time to get back to full gollum girl fitness before I go out playing shows again."
She additionally apologized for postponing her shows, saying, "I'm truly sorry if I let you down or if you feel inconvenienced by this and I hope you can understand."
Lorde was supposed to kick off her eight-show Australian tour in Melbourne on April 24. The tour promoter is currently working on rescheduling the concerts. Refunds will be available if "the new dates are not suitable."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says