Richard Donner: 'Goonies' Sequel Is Steven Speilberg's Idea
"Goonies" director Richard Donner gives update on the planned sequel. In a chat with TMZ, he reveals that Steven Spielberg is back getting involved in the project and that the "Lincoln" helmer is the one who came up with the idea for the second installment.
"Steven came up with the idea of doing a sequel after thirty years," Donner spills the beans. "We've been trying for a while," he adds. "And then he came up with another story line. He's right on."
The 1985 movie was scripted by Chris Columbus from a story by executive producer Spielberg. It followed a group of kids who found a map that led them on an adventure to unearth a missing treasure of legendary pirate, One-Eyed Willie. It starred Sean Astin, Corey Feldman, Josh Brolin, Jeff Cohen, and Martha Plimpton.
Donner wouldn't confirm if any of the original cast would return for the sequel, but Astin told IGN last year, "It will happen. I'm 1000 percent certain there will be a sequel. I will bet my children on it." Feldman recently tweeted, "It's close, then I believe they R workin hard 2 make it the best script poss[ible] and if and when they feel confident 2 share w us, U will know!"
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass
- Watch Britney Spears Shave Her Head in 'Britney Ever After' Trailer
- Mariah Carey's Worst Nightmare! Sister to Detail the Singer's Satanic Rituals and Sex Abuse Claims
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'
- 'American Horror Story' Crossover Season Details: Sarah Paulson Could Be Playing 18 Characters