Richard Donner: 'Goonies' Sequel Is Steven Speilberg's Idea
"Goonies" director Richard Donner gives update on the planned sequel. In a chat with TMZ, he reveals that Steven Spielberg is back getting involved in the project and that the "Lincoln" helmer is the one who came up with the idea for the second installment.
"Steven came up with the idea of doing a sequel after thirty years," Donner spills the beans. "We've been trying for a while," he adds. "And then he came up with another story line. He's right on."
The 1985 movie was scripted by Chris Columbus from a story by executive producer Spielberg. It followed a group of kids who found a map that led them on an adventure to unearth a missing treasure of legendary pirate, One-Eyed Willie. It starred Sean Astin, Corey Feldman, Josh Brolin, Jeff Cohen, and Martha Plimpton.
Donner wouldn't confirm if any of the original cast would return for the sequel, but Astin told IGN last year, "It will happen. I'm 1000 percent certain there will be a sequel. I will bet my children on it." Feldman recently tweeted, "It's close, then I believe they R workin hard 2 make it the best script poss[ible] and if and when they feel confident 2 share w us, U will know!"
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'