Chris Brown's Trial Delayed as Bodyguard Found Guilty of Assault
Chris Brown's trial has been delayed to Wednesday, April 23 after his bodyguard Christopher Hollosy was convicted of an assault charge. Both Brown and Hollosy are accused of hitting a man named Parker Adams outside a Washington D.C. hotel in October. As reported by CNN, during a court session on Monday, April 21, Judge Patricia Wynn said that the bodyguard was found guilty following a testimony from a limo driver.
According to the driver, Brown hit the man and the bodyguard later attacked. The judge said that the bodyguard's action was not justified because there was no evidence the man was making advances on Brown when he was taking a photo with fans on the sidewalk.
A Howard University student named Jalen Garrison additionally testified that she and a friend were taking a photo with the "With You" singer when Adams, her boyfriend, tried to snap a photo with the star. According to Garrison, Brown was upset and said, "I don't like that gay s***," before hitting Adams in the face. Hollosy's sentencing has been scheduled for June 25.
Hollosy's lawyer Bernard Grimm has revealed that he plans to appeal the conviction. Hollosy's testimony in Brown's upcoming trial, however, may affect his appeal unless prosecutors grant him immunity. Before Hollosy was convicted of the charge, he was thought to testify that he punched the man to protect Brown.
"I don't think that there's any doubt Chris Brown is not guilty," Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos told media outside the court. As reported by The Associated Press, Geragos said that Hollosy's statement would be crucial for Brown's trial, adding that it was prosecutors' "duty to fairly treat a defendant and to extend immunity in certain situations." He continued, "It's going to be our argument that this is one of those situations."
More Chris Brown News
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface
- See Jason Momoa and Amber Heard Together for the First Time in 'Aquaman' Set Photo
- Heidi Klum Gets Back Together With Vito Schnabel After His Cheating Scandal
- Katy Perry Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Flashes Her Underwear on Stage
- Eddie Vedder Delivers Emotional Tribute to Chris Cornell at Amsterdam Show
- Camilla Recalls 'Horrid' Time After Prince Charles Affair Was Revealed
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Sails to No. 1 at Box Office, 'Baywatch' Sinks
- Jealous Ryan Seacrest May Drop 'American Idol' Over Katy Perry's $25 Million Paycheck