Chris Brown's Trial Delayed as Bodyguard Found Guilty of Assault
Chris Brown's trial has been delayed to Wednesday, April 23 after his bodyguard Christopher Hollosy was convicted of an assault charge. Both Brown and Hollosy are accused of hitting a man named Parker Adams outside a Washington D.C. hotel in October. As reported by CNN, during a court session on Monday, April 21, Judge Patricia Wynn said that the bodyguard was found guilty following a testimony from a limo driver.
According to the driver, Brown hit the man and the bodyguard later attacked. The judge said that the bodyguard's action was not justified because there was no evidence the man was making advances on Brown when he was taking a photo with fans on the sidewalk.
A Howard University student named Jalen Garrison additionally testified that she and a friend were taking a photo with the "With You" singer when Adams, her boyfriend, tried to snap a photo with the star. According to Garrison, Brown was upset and said, "I don't like that gay s***," before hitting Adams in the face. Hollosy's sentencing has been scheduled for June 25.
Hollosy's lawyer Bernard Grimm has revealed that he plans to appeal the conviction. Hollosy's testimony in Brown's upcoming trial, however, may affect his appeal unless prosecutors grant him immunity. Before Hollosy was convicted of the charge, he was thought to testify that he punched the man to protect Brown.
"I don't think that there's any doubt Chris Brown is not guilty," Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos told media outside the court. As reported by The Associated Press, Geragos said that Hollosy's statement would be crucial for Brown's trial, adding that it was prosecutors' "duty to fairly treat a defendant and to extend immunity in certain situations." He continued, "It's going to be our argument that this is one of those situations."
More Chris Brown News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie