Paul W.S. Anderson Reveals Title and Returning Cast for 'Resident Evil 6'
The sixth installment of "Resident Evil" movie series has gotten a new update. Paul W. S. Anderson, who directed the first and the last two entries, discusses the next film during an appearance at this year's Beijing International Film Festival.
"I have to go home tomorrow for 'Rising Resident Evil'. That's what I'm going to do. As you know, [Li] Bingbing is in the last movie and she will be there again... After 'Resident Evil' I want to come to China and shoot film again," he says as quoted by CNTV.
Some media, however, tentatively calls the follow-up to 2012's "Resident Evil: Retribution" "Resident Evil Rising", pointing out that the quoted title might be a translation mix-up.
Aside from revealing the title and one of the returning cast members, Anderson also confirms that the "Resident Evil 6" will "definitely be 3D" because he believes the technology has now become the fabric, rather than just a special sauce, for a film.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance