Vogue Has 'No Plans' to Work With Terry Richardson Following Alleged Sex Scandal
Editors at Vogue magazine say they have "no plans to work with" photographer Terry Richardson following an alleged inappropriate conduct which emerged over the weekend. On Sunday, April 20, British model Emma Appleton posted a screengrab of a message which allegedly was sent by Richardson. The message in the photo, which is no longer available, reads, "If I can f**k you I will book you in [New York] for a shoot for vogue."
Vogue has made a statement following the alleged scandal, saying that they have no plans to arrange photo sessions with the 48-year-old photographer. "The last assignment Terry Richardson had for U.S. Vogue appeared in the July 2010 issue and we have no plans to work with him in the future," said Hildy Kuryk, the Director of Communications for Vogue.
A representative for Richardson has denied that the photographer wrote the message. The rep explained, "Terry Richardson did not reach out to this woman. It was sent from a Facebook page that is fake. Terry has no knowledge of who sent this. Mr. Richardson has retained online forensic expert Theo Yedinsky to determine the actual origin of the fake posting."
In another post written on Monday morning, Appleton explained that she did not post the photo for attention. "Let me clear something up - I don't want this attention, I have no desire to become known in the slightest. If the account is fake then it needs to be removed, if it's real then he's a hideous human," she wrote. "I regret posting it because of what it's caused but at the same time (if it's real) then it shouldn't be covered up, there are too many young, vulnerable girls that this industry can exploit. Thank you for all the kind messages and that's the end of it."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?