Bryan Singer Sex Abuse Accuser Names Three More Hollywood Figures in Lawsuits
Michael F. Egan, a man who accused director Bryan Singer of sexually abusing him when he was a minor, has named three more Hollywood figures in new lawsuits. Egan's lawyer Jeff Herman talked about the alleged abusers in a press conference in Los Angeles on Monday, April 21, saying that he had filed lawsuits against Garth Ancier, David Neuman and Gary Goddard.
Ancier is a TV executive who contributed to the release of some shows such as "The Ricki Lake Show" as well as "The Simpsons", "Married... With Children" and "In Living Color" on Fox TV. Neuman was a president of Walt Disney Television, while Goddard has produced on-and-off Broadway shows.
According to the suits, the three men are parts of Hollywood sex ring which allegedly also involves Singer. As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Herman told reporters that Egan was sexually assaulted by the three at a house in Encino, Calif. and in Hawaii and force was used.
The press conference on Monday was also attended by Egan and his mother who was deeply emotional. "I'm very proud of him, very proud of him," Egan's mother Bonnie Mound said of her son's decision to go public with the case.
"We've alleged that there's a Hollywood sex ring, one of several sex rings," Herman added at the conference which took place at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills. "Somebody has to stand up to these people. You can't change the stigma that exists in this world against childhood sexual abuse unless someone talks about it."
Egan, who was an aspiring actor and model, made headlines last week after he filed a lawsuit against the director of "X Men: Days of Future Past" on Wednesday, saying that he was sexually abused at a home in Encino and Hawaii when he was a minor. The director's lawyer Marty Singer, not related to the director, has denied the allegations, calling them "absurd and defamatory."
Goddard's attorney Alan Grodin also denied the allegations. In a statement to The Wrap, he said, "Gary Goddard is out of the country and we have not seen the complaint. Based on what we have heard, the allegations are without merit. Once we have seen the complaint we will respond appropriately."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri