Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed for Steve Jobs Biopic, Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct
Leonardo DiCaprio is wanted for an untitled Steve Jobs biopic, The Hollywood Reporter learns. The "Django Unchained" actor reportedly has been approached by Danny Boyle who is in negotiation to direct the pic replacing David Fincher.
Fincher's deal with Sony fell apart allegedly due to his aggressive demand. Rumor has it, the director asked for a hefty $10 million payday up front and control over the film's marketing. He also wanted Christian Bale to play the lead role.
Aaron Sorkin, who penned Fincher's "The Social Network", writes the script based on the best-selling Steve Jobs biography penned by Walter Isaacson. Scott Rudin serves as a producer.
The movie is expected to focus on the launches of Apple's original Macintosh computer (1984), NeXT Cube (1990), and original iPod (2001). "This entire movie is going to be three scenes, and three scenes only, that all take place in real time," Sorkin once said.
DiCaprio is currently on a break after having two movies, "The Great Gatsby" and "The Wolf of Wall Street", released last year. Earlier this month, he's attached to play key role in Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's "The Revenant". Based on Michael Punke's novel, it's a gritty period thriller that follows a man who exacts revenge on the men who robbed and left him for dead after he was being mauled by a grizzly bear.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri