Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed for Steve Jobs Biopic, Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct
Leonardo DiCaprio is wanted for an untitled Steve Jobs biopic, The Hollywood Reporter learns. The "Django Unchained" actor reportedly has been approached by Danny Boyle who is in negotiation to direct the pic replacing David Fincher.
Fincher's deal with Sony fell apart allegedly due to his aggressive demand. Rumor has it, the director asked for a hefty $10 million payday up front and control over the film's marketing. He also wanted Christian Bale to play the lead role.
Aaron Sorkin, who penned Fincher's "The Social Network", writes the script based on the best-selling Steve Jobs biography penned by Walter Isaacson. Scott Rudin serves as a producer.
The movie is expected to focus on the launches of Apple's original Macintosh computer (1984), NeXT Cube (1990), and original iPod (2001). "This entire movie is going to be three scenes, and three scenes only, that all take place in real time," Sorkin once said.
DiCaprio is currently on a break after having two movies, "The Great Gatsby" and "The Wolf of Wall Street", released last year. Earlier this month, he's attached to play key role in Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's "The Revenant". Based on Michael Punke's novel, it's a gritty period thriller that follows a man who exacts revenge on the men who robbed and left him for dead after he was being mauled by a grizzly bear.
- Officially Back On? Kylie Jenner Tags Tyga on Her Booty In This Instagram Photo
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?