Prince Drops Surprise Single 'The Breakdown'
Shortly after announcing that he'd reunited with Warner Bros. Records, Prince surprised his fans with the release of his new single called "The Breakdown". The ballad opens with the singer singing, "Listen to me closely as the story unfolds," over the piano keys.
"This could be the saddest story ever been told," he continues before talking about things like love that he missed when he was younger. "I used to throw the party for the New Year's Eve/ First one intoxicated, last one to leave/ Waking up in places that you would never believe/ Give me back the time, you can keep the memories," he croons.
"The Breakdown" is the first new song to arrive after Prince signed a new deal with the major record label which he left 18 years ago. The new venture will give the musician control of his old catalog and will see the re-release of his hit album "Purple Rain" which will turn 30 later this year.
"A brand new studio album is on the way," Prince said in a statement. "And both Warner Bros. Records and Eye are quite pleased with the results of the negotiations and look forward to a fruitful working relationship."
More Prince News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip