Prince Drops Surprise Single 'The Breakdown'
Shortly after announcing that he'd reunited with Warner Bros. Records, Prince surprised his fans with the release of his new single called "The Breakdown". The ballad opens with the singer singing, "Listen to me closely as the story unfolds," over the piano keys.
"This could be the saddest story ever been told," he continues before talking about things like love that he missed when he was younger. "I used to throw the party for the New Year's Eve/ First one intoxicated, last one to leave/ Waking up in places that you would never believe/ Give me back the time, you can keep the memories," he croons.
"The Breakdown" is the first new song to arrive after Prince signed a new deal with the major record label which he left 18 years ago. The new venture will give the musician control of his old catalog and will see the re-release of his hit album "Purple Rain" which will turn 30 later this year.
"A brand new studio album is on the way," Prince said in a statement. "And both Warner Bros. Records and Eye are quite pleased with the results of the negotiations and look forward to a fruitful working relationship."
More Prince News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group