Prince Drops Surprise Single 'The Breakdown'
Shortly after announcing that he'd reunited with Warner Bros. Records, Prince surprised his fans with the release of his new single called "The Breakdown". The ballad opens with the singer singing, "Listen to me closely as the story unfolds," over the piano keys.
"This could be the saddest story ever been told," he continues before talking about things like love that he missed when he was younger. "I used to throw the party for the New Year's Eve/ First one intoxicated, last one to leave/ Waking up in places that you would never believe/ Give me back the time, you can keep the memories," he croons.
"The Breakdown" is the first new song to arrive after Prince signed a new deal with the major record label which he left 18 years ago. The new venture will give the musician control of his old catalog and will see the re-release of his hit album "Purple Rain" which will turn 30 later this year.
"A brand new studio album is on the way," Prince said in a statement. "And both Warner Bros. Records and Eye are quite pleased with the results of the negotiations and look forward to a fruitful working relationship."
More Prince News
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year