Prince Drops Surprise Single 'The Breakdown'
Shortly after announcing that he'd reunited with Warner Bros. Records, Prince surprised his fans with the release of his new single called "The Breakdown". The ballad opens with the singer singing, "Listen to me closely as the story unfolds," over the piano keys.
"This could be the saddest story ever been told," he continues before talking about things like love that he missed when he was younger. "I used to throw the party for the New Year's Eve/ First one intoxicated, last one to leave/ Waking up in places that you would never believe/ Give me back the time, you can keep the memories," he croons.
"The Breakdown" is the first new song to arrive after Prince signed a new deal with the major record label which he left 18 years ago. The new venture will give the musician control of his old catalog and will see the re-release of his hit album "Purple Rain" which will turn 30 later this year.
"A brand new studio album is on the way," Prince said in a statement. "And both Warner Bros. Records and Eye are quite pleased with the results of the negotiations and look forward to a fruitful working relationship."
More Prince News
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia