Joss Whedon Releases New Movie 'In Your Eyes' Online
Joss Whedon offers a new way to enjoy his new movie. The filmmaker has released "In Your Eyes", which he wrote and produced, online via Vimeo's video player before it makes a theatrical release. Without prior announcement, the drama comedy is now made available for a $5 digital stream at InYourEyesMovie.com.
"It's exciting for us because it means we get to explore yet another new form of distribution - and we get $5," says Whedon. The movie was just premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival on Sunday, April 20 where the director of "The Avengers" announced the digital release of the new film in a video played after the screening of the movie.
Starring Zoe Kazan and Michael Stahl-David, "In Your Eyes" is a supernatural love story about a bored wife and a charismatic ex-con who believe they have been psychically connected since childhood. Kazan plays East Coast housewife Rebecca, who lives a comfortable, sheltered life of cocktail parties and lonely nights as the soft-spoken, neglected wife of a doctor, but she always knew there was something special about herself.
Stahl-David, meanwhile, portrays charismatic ex-con Dylan. After paying his debt to society, he is ready for a fresh start, including a new job and a burgeoning flirtation with local good-time-gal Donna (Nikki Reed). When the two polar opposites realize they are strangely connected in ways they can't understand, an utterly unique metaphysical romance begins.
Brin Hill directed the film. He further explained the plot, "It's about two people, classic Joss loner heroes, who are looking to break out of their limited circumstances and band together - a la The Avengers and anything else he's done - and find connection and meaning."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent