Chance the Rapper Cancels Coachella Set After Getting Hospitalized
Chance the Rapper was forced to cancel his set at Coachella on Sunday night, April 20 after he got hospitalized. His management took to social media a few hours before the show was supposed to begin to announce the unfortunate news and apologize to fans.
"On behalf of Chance and our entire team- We sincerely regret to have to cancel our 2nd weekend at coachella," they wrote. Chance fell ill on Friday night & was admitted to the hospital today- Doctors and family are with him & he is expected to make a full recovery."
"Thank you for the prayers and support during this time, Chance, the CTR team and family deeply appreciate it," they continued. There's still no further detail about the rapper's illness.
Upon the cancellation, Chance posted a photo of himself lying in a hospital bed on Instagram. "Pray for my boy chance," read the caption of the picture, which has now been removed.
In the first weekend of Coachella last week, Chance was joined onstage by Justin Bieber. The two stars performed "Confident", their collaboration from the Canadian singer's" Journal" album.
More Chance the Rapper News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story