Country Singer Kevin Sharp Dies at 43
Country singer Kevin Sharp, who probably is mostly remembered for his song "Nobody Knows", passed away at the age of 43. Sharp, who was a cancer survivor, died on Saturday night, April 19 at his mother's home in Fair Oaks, California.
According to a statement posted on his website, the singer died due to "ongoing complications from past stomach surgeries and digestive issues." People who want to make donations are asked to give them to local chapter of Make a Wish Foundation. The family is planning a memorial service which will take place in Nashville, Tennessee.
"He had a strong heart, that's what kept him alive, (but) I'm so happy for him, that there's no more suffering," his sister Mary Hadson said, as quoted by Daily Mail. "His dream came true through music, and he touched thousands of lives, and he helped heal the soul of people dealing with cancer." His mother Elaine Sharp additionally remembered him as a person who "had a good, strong heart."
Sharp was born in 1970 in Redding, California. He was diagnosed with rare bone cancer Ewing's sarcoma when he was in high school, but he beat the disease. In addition to his 1996's hit album "Measure of a Man", he released two more records and became a motivational speaker. In addition to his mother, Sharp is survived by two sisters and five brothers.
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'