Country Singer Kevin Sharp Dies at 43
Country singer Kevin Sharp, who probably is mostly remembered for his song "Nobody Knows", passed away at the age of 43. Sharp, who was a cancer survivor, died on Saturday night, April 19 at his mother's home in Fair Oaks, California.
According to a statement posted on his website, the singer died due to "ongoing complications from past stomach surgeries and digestive issues." People who want to make donations are asked to give them to local chapter of Make a Wish Foundation. The family is planning a memorial service which will take place in Nashville, Tennessee.
"He had a strong heart, that's what kept him alive, (but) I'm so happy for him, that there's no more suffering," his sister Mary Hadson said, as quoted by Daily Mail. "His dream came true through music, and he touched thousands of lives, and he helped heal the soul of people dealing with cancer." His mother Elaine Sharp additionally remembered him as a person who "had a good, strong heart."
Sharp was born in 1970 in Redding, California. He was diagnosed with rare bone cancer Ewing's sarcoma when he was in high school, but he beat the disease. In addition to his 1996's hit album "Measure of a Man", he released two more records and became a motivational speaker. In addition to his mother, Sharp is survived by two sisters and five brothers.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?