Country Singer Kevin Sharp Dies at 43
Country singer Kevin Sharp, who probably is mostly remembered for his song "Nobody Knows", passed away at the age of 43. Sharp, who was a cancer survivor, died on Saturday night, April 19 at his mother's home in Fair Oaks, California.
According to a statement posted on his website, the singer died due to "ongoing complications from past stomach surgeries and digestive issues." People who want to make donations are asked to give them to local chapter of Make a Wish Foundation. The family is planning a memorial service which will take place in Nashville, Tennessee.
"He had a strong heart, that's what kept him alive, (but) I'm so happy for him, that there's no more suffering," his sister Mary Hadson said, as quoted by Daily Mail. "His dream came true through music, and he touched thousands of lives, and he helped heal the soul of people dealing with cancer." His mother Elaine Sharp additionally remembered him as a person who "had a good, strong heart."
Sharp was born in 1970 in Redding, California. He was diagnosed with rare bone cancer Ewing's sarcoma when he was in high school, but he beat the disease. In addition to his 1996's hit album "Measure of a Man", he released two more records and became a motivational speaker. In addition to his mother, Sharp is survived by two sisters and five brothers.
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery