Neil Patrick Harris Denies Cursing at Audience During Broadway Play
Neil Patrick Harris made the headlines recently when several sites reported that he had cursed at an audience member watching his Broadway show "Hedwig and the Angry Inch". A representative for the actor has denied such action, saying people should hear the full context.
First of all, it was a production that was opened for improvisation and audience interaction. Harris was in his transgender German punk rocker character named Hedwig when an attendee yelled at him "We love you Neil!" The wrong report had Harris saying, "I'm doing something up here, motherf**ker!"
A rep for Harris told Gossip Cop, "The response to the fan yelling was actually done in character - Neil as Hedwig, not as though Neil stopped the show to respond out of character. When the fan initially yelled, 'I love you, Neil,' Neil (as Hedwig) then responded, 'Who's Neil? I'm not Neil.' He then looked over at Yitzhak (played by Lena Hall) and said, 'Are you Neil? You better not be Neil' followed by Hedwig then offering the quote in question."
The rep continued, "It was all done in good fun, and fully in the context of the show. The audience went crazy and it really was a light-hearted moment, which is not being properly contextualized in any of these various posts."
Harris himself tweeted a link to Gossip Cop after writing, "It seems my Hedwig improvs are making news, but one should have the full story/context."
More Neil Patrick Harris News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story