Vogue Sued Over Song in the Video to Promote Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Cover Issue
Vogue is being sued over the song used in a behind-the-scene video for its Kim Kardashian and Kanye West cover shoot. A former child singer named Ricky Spicer has filed a lawsuit against the magazine, claiming that the promo clip uses West's track titled "Bound 2" which contains unauthorized samples of his voice.
"Mr. Spicer's voice is used substantially throughout the video, comprising approximately 44 percent of the lyrics," states the New York civil suit, obtained by the New York Post. The suit, which is seeking unspecified compensation, claims that Vogue "knowingly used the voice audio recording of Mr. Spicer without his authorization or consent."
Spicer, who was a lead singer of the '60s group The Ponderosa Twins Plus One, already filed a lawsuit against West, Island Def-Jam Music, Rhino Entertainment, Roc-A-Fella Records and Universal Music Group over the sample on "Bound 2" track last December.
In other news, Jay-Z and Beyonce were recently spotted outside L.A. channeling West and Kardashian's "Bound 2" motorcycle ride during a video shoot. Fans speculated that the "Drunk in Love" collaborators were filming the visuals for "Part II (On the Run)", a track off Hova's "Magna Carta... Holy Grail" album.
Beyonce and Jay-Z were photographed riding a motorbike. Bey was seen wearing a white short wedding dress, while her husband sported a black leather jacket, a black beanie and a pair of black shades.
More Kanye West News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby