Vogue Sued Over Song in the Video to Promote Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Cover Issue
Vogue is being sued over the song used in a behind-the-scene video for its Kim Kardashian and Kanye West cover shoot. A former child singer named Ricky Spicer has filed a lawsuit against the magazine, claiming that the promo clip uses West's track titled "Bound 2" which contains unauthorized samples of his voice.
"Mr. Spicer's voice is used substantially throughout the video, comprising approximately 44 percent of the lyrics," states the New York civil suit, obtained by the New York Post. The suit, which is seeking unspecified compensation, claims that Vogue "knowingly used the voice audio recording of Mr. Spicer without his authorization or consent."
Spicer, who was a lead singer of the '60s group The Ponderosa Twins Plus One, already filed a lawsuit against West, Island Def-Jam Music, Rhino Entertainment, Roc-A-Fella Records and Universal Music Group over the sample on "Bound 2" track last December.
In other news, Jay-Z and Beyonce were recently spotted outside L.A. channeling West and Kardashian's "Bound 2" motorcycle ride during a video shoot. Fans speculated that the "Drunk in Love" collaborators were filming the visuals for "Part II (On the Run)", a track off Hova's "Magna Carta... Holy Grail" album.
Beyonce and Jay-Z were photographed riding a motorbike. Bey was seen wearing a white short wedding dress, while her husband sported a black leather jacket, a black beanie and a pair of black shades.
More Kanye West News
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital