Vogue Sued Over Song in the Video to Promote Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Cover Issue
Vogue is being sued over the song used in a behind-the-scene video for its Kim Kardashian and Kanye West cover shoot. A former child singer named Ricky Spicer has filed a lawsuit against the magazine, claiming that the promo clip uses West's track titled "Bound 2" which contains unauthorized samples of his voice.
"Mr. Spicer's voice is used substantially throughout the video, comprising approximately 44 percent of the lyrics," states the New York civil suit, obtained by the New York Post. The suit, which is seeking unspecified compensation, claims that Vogue "knowingly used the voice audio recording of Mr. Spicer without his authorization or consent."
Spicer, who was a lead singer of the '60s group The Ponderosa Twins Plus One, already filed a lawsuit against West, Island Def-Jam Music, Rhino Entertainment, Roc-A-Fella Records and Universal Music Group over the sample on "Bound 2" track last December.
In other news, Jay-Z and Beyonce were recently spotted outside L.A. channeling West and Kardashian's "Bound 2" motorcycle ride during a video shoot. Fans speculated that the "Drunk in Love" collaborators were filming the visuals for "Part II (On the Run)", a track off Hova's "Magna Carta... Holy Grail" album.
Beyonce and Jay-Z were photographed riding a motorbike. Bey was seen wearing a white short wedding dress, while her husband sported a black leather jacket, a black beanie and a pair of black shades.
More Kanye West News
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram