Academy Awards 2015 Scheduled for February 22
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has just announced key dates for the next Oscar ceremony. The 87th annual awards show is confirmed to take place February 22, 2015 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles, and will be broadcast live on ABC.
The road to the movie's biggest night will kick off with Governors Awards on November 8 this year. Voting for nominations will begin December 29 and will be closed on January 8. The nominees will be unveiled January 15, and the final voting will end on February 17.
No host has been announced. This year, the live telecast was hosted by Ellen DeGeneres who caused a buzz for taking a star-studded selfie that broke social media records. She also ordered pizza for the A-list guest. "Gravity" collected 7 awards, but "12 Years a Slave" took home the top honor as 2013's Best Picture.
Key Dates for 2015 Oscars:
- Nov. 08 - Governors Awards
- Dec. 03 - Official Screen Credits and music submissions due
- Dec. 29 - Nominations voting begins 8 A.M. PT
- Jan. 08 - Nominations voting ends 5 P.M. PT
- Jan. 15 - Oscar nominations announced
- Feb. 02 - Oscar Nominees Luncheon
- Feb 06 - Final voting begins 8 A.M. PT
- Feb. 07 - Scientific and Technical Awards
- Feb 17 - Final voting ends 5 P.M. PT
- Feb. 22 - 87th Academy Awards
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance