'Saturday Night Live' to Reunite Past Members for 40th Anniversary Special
NBC plans a star-studded special to celebrate the 40th anniversary of "Saturday Night Live" next year. The live special which will run for three hours from 8 P.M. to 11 P.M. on February 15, 2015 will feature star-studded line-up that includes past and present cast members.
" 'Saturday Night Live' is an institution unlike anything else in television history," said Robert Greenblatt, Chairman, NBC Entertainment, in a statement. "The many brilliant 'Not Ready for Primetime Players' over the years is a who's who of film and television comedy for the last two generations."
"The roster includes everyone from the iconic first cast in 1975 to household names ranging from Eddie Murphy, Billy Crystal, Dana Carvey, Mike Myers, Will Ferrell, and Adam Sandler, to Kristen Wiig, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Jimmy Fallon, and Seth Meyers - to name only a few."
Executive produced by Lorne Michaels, the longtime sketch series has won 40 Emmy Awards, the most for any show in television history. Former regular players Fey, Ferrell, Wiig, Fallon Dan Aykroyd have returned as guest hosts on the show in the past, while Murphy has never appeared on the variety series since his departure in 1984.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift