'Saturday Night Live' to Reunite Past Members for 40th Anniversary Special
NBC plans a star-studded special to celebrate the 40th anniversary of "Saturday Night Live" next year. The live special which will run for three hours from 8 P.M. to 11 P.M. on February 15, 2015 will feature star-studded line-up that includes past and present cast members.
" 'Saturday Night Live' is an institution unlike anything else in television history," said Robert Greenblatt, Chairman, NBC Entertainment, in a statement. "The many brilliant 'Not Ready for Primetime Players' over the years is a who's who of film and television comedy for the last two generations."
"The roster includes everyone from the iconic first cast in 1975 to household names ranging from Eddie Murphy, Billy Crystal, Dana Carvey, Mike Myers, Will Ferrell, and Adam Sandler, to Kristen Wiig, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Jimmy Fallon, and Seth Meyers - to name only a few."
Executive produced by Lorne Michaels, the longtime sketch series has won 40 Emmy Awards, the most for any show in television history. Former regular players Fey, Ferrell, Wiig, Fallon Dan Aykroyd have returned as guest hosts on the show in the past, while Murphy has never appeared on the variety series since his departure in 1984.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge