'Saturday Night Live' to Reunite Past Members for 40th Anniversary Special
NBC plans a star-studded special to celebrate the 40th anniversary of "Saturday Night Live" next year. The live special which will run for three hours from 8 P.M. to 11 P.M. on February 15, 2015 will feature star-studded line-up that includes past and present cast members.
" 'Saturday Night Live' is an institution unlike anything else in television history," said Robert Greenblatt, Chairman, NBC Entertainment, in a statement. "The many brilliant 'Not Ready for Primetime Players' over the years is a who's who of film and television comedy for the last two generations."
"The roster includes everyone from the iconic first cast in 1975 to household names ranging from Eddie Murphy, Billy Crystal, Dana Carvey, Mike Myers, Will Ferrell, and Adam Sandler, to Kristen Wiig, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Jimmy Fallon, and Seth Meyers - to name only a few."
Executive produced by Lorne Michaels, the longtime sketch series has won 40 Emmy Awards, the most for any show in television history. Former regular players Fey, Ferrell, Wiig, Fallon Dan Aykroyd have returned as guest hosts on the show in the past, while Murphy has never appeared on the variety series since his departure in 1984.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra