'Spider-Man' Producers Rule Out Marvel Crossover
There is no chance Spider-Man is going to swing by "The Avengers" or other Marvel comic book movies from different studios. There was a rumor of "X-Men" crossover after "X-Men: Days of Future Past" clip was shown in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" post credits, but producers Avi Arad and Matthew Tolmach insist they have no plan for such crossover.
"I think I'm probably a little bit of the militant here. I think it will take a moment in which we've run out of ideas. There's so much to tell about Spider-Man. There's so much to tell about The Sinister Six. The relationship between Spider-Man and Venom will bring a whole other world in," Arad explained to IGN in a new interview.
"But we really feel very confident that we have so much to do [...] Peter Parker is unique; he's really different. He's not an Avenger. He's not an X-Man. He's unique and we revere that," the producer went on.
"You know, Spider-Man in the Avengers is a stunt," Tolmach chimed in. "Stunts can be cool but it's also a business, and so the other side of the answer is they're owned by different companies. And there's a ton left in Sony's world; there's a lot of business left because there's a lot of story left."
"So for them to want to take this character and put it with Marvel and Disney is a huge undertaking and probably, as Avi's saying, isn't necessary until you feel like, 'Wow, we're sort of out of ideas. What should we do?' And we're far from out of ideas."
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will arrive in the U.S. on May 2. The "X-Men" clip shown in the movie is allegedly part of Sony and Fox's settlement in their tug-of-war over Marc Webb. After 2012's "The Amazing Spider-Man", his negotiations to return for the second movie briefly stalled because he still had an existing contract with Fox to helm another film following 2009's "500 Days of Summer". Eventually, Fox agreed to allow Webb to direct a new Spidey movie, but only if Sony would promote "X-Men" film for free.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'