Oscar-Nominated Filmmaker Making Documentary That May Expose Bryan Singer
Amidst the shocking allegation that Bryan Singer raped an underage boy in pool party, it's revealed that a documentary that attempts to expose sexual abuse in Hollywood community is in the works. Variety confirms that Amy Berg has been working on the project for the last two years.
Berg, an Oscar-nominated filmmaker, runs Disarming Films which is a producing company focusing on social justice. She received an Academy Award nomination for her 2006 documentary "Deliver Us from Evil" which uncovered sex abuse cases in the Roman Catholic Church.
In 2012, she made "West of Memphis" with "The Hobbit" director Peter Jackson as a producer. It documents the story of the infamous West Memphis Three about teenagers who were convicted of the 1993 murder of three boys in Arkansas despite lack of evidence.
Singer was sued by Michael F. Egan III this week for alleged sexual assault. The plaintiff claimed, when he was a teen, he was drugged, threatened at gun point, and raped repeatedly in numerous parties including the one hosted by Mark Collins-Rector, a registered sex offender who in 2004 pleaded guilty to luring minors across state lines for sexual acts.
Egan was allegedly introduced to Singer by Collins-Rector. The "X-Men: Days of Future Past" director reportedly forced him to perform sex in return for promised movie role.
The plaintiff said his mother once contacted LAPD which later brought the case to FBI, but nothing happened. In a 2000 filing, there was indeed a criminal lawsuit filed by Egan, but Singer's name was not mentioned in the papers. "It's clear that these statements are fabricated," the director's lawyer Martin Singer said. "If Bryan had done anything wrong, he would have been included in the previous lawsuit."
According to Daily Mail, Berg's company has reached out to Egan but it's unclear if he has been interviewed on camera for her film. "They said they are making a documentary about a bunch of children molested by somebody in the film industry," a source close to Egan says. "They were working on numerous children, now adults, now coming forward about this."
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch