Iggy Azalea Partners With Rita Ora for 'Black Widow'
Just a few days before Iggy Azalea's "The New Classic" officially arrives, a track off the album hit the web on Thursday, April 17. The song titled "Black Widow" is the Australian rapper's collaboration with British beauty Rita Ora.
Produced by Benny Blanco and Stargate, the song features the two ladies talking about them dealing with break-ups and heartache. "It's like I loved you so much and now I just hate you/ Feeling stupid for all the time that I gave you/ I want it all or nothing for us, ain't no place no between/ Made me believe in what you say that you never mean," Azalea raps.
"Black Widow" sounds similar to Katy Perry's hit single "Dark Horse". Turns out that's because the duet was co-written by the "Roar" hitmaker herself. The song was originally planned to be included in her "Prism" album.
"I met Katy Perry and she gave me 'Black Widow', which she wrote the hook to," Azalea recently said in an interview with EW. "And that didn't even exist until after the EMAs in Europe last fall. The way that it is now, it only got to be like that at the end of January."
"The New Classic", Azalea's long-delayed debut LP which has also spawned Charli XCX-assisted "Fancy", will be released on April 18
More Iggy Azalea News
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!