Iggy Azalea Partners With Rita Ora for 'Black Widow'
Just a few days before Iggy Azalea's "The New Classic" officially arrives, a track off the album hit the web on Thursday, April 17. The song titled "Black Widow" is the Australian rapper's collaboration with British beauty Rita Ora.
Produced by Benny Blanco and Stargate, the song features the two ladies talking about them dealing with break-ups and heartache. "It's like I loved you so much and now I just hate you/ Feeling stupid for all the time that I gave you/ I want it all or nothing for us, ain't no place no between/ Made me believe in what you say that you never mean," Azalea raps.
"Black Widow" sounds similar to Katy Perry's hit single "Dark Horse". Turns out that's because the duet was co-written by the "Roar" hitmaker herself. The song was originally planned to be included in her "Prism" album.
"I met Katy Perry and she gave me 'Black Widow', which she wrote the hook to," Azalea recently said in an interview with EW. "And that didn't even exist until after the EMAs in Europe last fall. The way that it is now, it only got to be like that at the end of January."
"The New Classic", Azalea's long-delayed debut LP which has also spawned Charli XCX-assisted "Fancy", will be released on April 18
More Iggy Azalea News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked