ABC Removes Bryan Singer's Name From 'Black Box' Ads
The sexual abuse accusation against Bryan Singer has hurt the campaign of his new series "Black Box". ABC reportedly will re-edit commercials for the drama and remove his name as the show's executive producer.
The report came from Deadline whose source said a few commercials featuring his name have been pulled off from circulation. The bad press came just too close to the show's premiere which is next Thursday, April 24.
It is yet known whether Singer's name will also be plugged out from the promos of CBS drama series "Battle Creek". He directed the opening episode of the direct-to-series project. However, the series will not launch until fall, so CBS is in no rush to start airing the promos. Meanwhile, Singer's big-screen project "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is opening in five weeks.
Michael F. Egan held a press conference on Thursday, April 17 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Now 30, Egan claimed that that the sexual abuse started when he was 15 until the age of 17 at a house in Encino, Hawaii and other states. Singer allegedly brought him to a mansion in California for a party where "sexual contact between adult males and the many teenage boys who were present" was known to happen. The teen was promised a role in the first "X-Men" movie by the director, but nothing ever really happened.
Marty Singer, the director's attorney, had responded to the lawsuit, saying it's "absurd and defamatory." It was claimed as an attempt to get a spotlight in Hollywood.
"Black Box" follows Kelly Reilly's Catherine Black, a brilliant neuroscientist at a top medical facility where she studies patients with some of the strangest, most complex brain disorders. Catherine and her colleagues attempt to unlock the mysteries of patients' hallucinations and other frightening conditions. But Catherine holds her own secret.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?