Bryan Singer's Accuser Says He 'Was Raped Numerous Times'
A man who accuses Bryan Singer of sexually abusing him talked about the alleged action in a press conference on Thursday, April 17 in Los Angeles. Accompanied by his lawyer Jeff Herman, the plaintiff Michael F. Egan III told reporters that the sexual abuse started when he was 15 until the age of 17 at a house in Encino, Hawaii and other states.
"I was raped numerous times in that house, by numerous individuals. You were like a piece of meat to these people," Egan said, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter. Egan alleged that the abuse took place amid "sordid parties" at the Encino mansion called the M & C Estate, whose residents were Marc Collins-Rector and Chad Shackley.
In the press conference, Egan also said that he and his mother met LAPD and FBI officials to report the incident, but "it basically fell on deaf ears." Egan, who was an aspiring actor and model back then, said that his dreams were ruined and he turned to drink for years. He then underwent therapy for his trauma and stopped drinking. "I can stand in front of you all today and say I am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse," he told media.
The "X Men: Days of Future Past" director's lawyer Martin Singer has issued a statement in response to the Thursday press conference. "The claims made today about Bryan Singer are completely fabricated. We look forward to our bringing a claim for malicious prosecution against Mr. Egan and his attorney after we prevail," he said.
"It is obvious that plaintiff's attorney is not looking to litigate the case on its merits. This matter is nothing more than the attorney seeking to get his 15 minutes of fame by sending out a press release with his 'media consultant' yesterday and following up with a press conference today. Attorneys who try cases don't hold press conferences," he continued.
Fox, which released "X-Men: Days of Future Past", has also released a statement concerning the lawsuit. "These are serious allegations, and they will be resolved in the appropriate forum. This is a personal matter, which Bryan Singer and his representatives are addressing separately," a representative for the studio said.
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting