Dexter Roberts Eliminated From 'American Idol' Top 7
Ryan Seacrest was missing from the opening of "American Idol" result show on Thursday, April 17 night. Instead, Kevin Bacon popped up to steal Seacrest's iconic line, "This is American Idol!" It was a cross promotion for Bacon's FOX crime drama "The Following".
After a Mustang commercial featuring the Top 7 and some comments from Randy Jackson about last night's performances, Seacrest started the whole elimination process. First one to get sent to the safe bench was Jena Irene. Alex Preston followed her trail while Dexter Roberts landed in the bottom two. The next names called to enter the Top 6 were Caleb Johnson, C.J. Harris and Sam Woolf. That left Jessica Meuse in the bottom two.
It was Meuse's first time landing in the bottom position. "Taking on Miranda Lambert that is, like, really charged, you gotta go there," Jackson said of her performance. "So it's going to be interesting to see how she lands in the votes tonight."
In the end, Roberts was sent home. He sang a Luke Bryan song, "Muckalee Creek Water" last night and failed to impress the judges. "I just want to hear you sing other sings rather than you singing along to the radio," Harry Connick Jr. said.
More American Idol News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story