Dexter Roberts Eliminated From 'American Idol' Top 7
Ryan Seacrest was missing from the opening of "American Idol" result show on Thursday, April 17 night. Instead, Kevin Bacon popped up to steal Seacrest's iconic line, "This is American Idol!" It was a cross promotion for Bacon's FOX crime drama "The Following".
After a Mustang commercial featuring the Top 7 and some comments from Randy Jackson about last night's performances, Seacrest started the whole elimination process. First one to get sent to the safe bench was Jena Irene. Alex Preston followed her trail while Dexter Roberts landed in the bottom two. The next names called to enter the Top 6 were Caleb Johnson, C.J. Harris and Sam Woolf. That left Jessica Meuse in the bottom two.
It was Meuse's first time landing in the bottom position. "Taking on Miranda Lambert that is, like, really charged, you gotta go there," Jackson said of her performance. "So it's going to be interesting to see how she lands in the votes tonight."
In the end, Roberts was sent home. He sang a Luke Bryan song, "Muckalee Creek Water" last night and failed to impress the judges. "I just want to hear you sing other sings rather than you singing along to the radio," Harry Connick Jr. said.
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere