Jay-Z's Made in America Coming to Los Angeles
Jay-Z's Made in America is set to come to Los Angeles this year. The rapper made the exciting announcement from the steps of Los Angeles' City Hall on Wednesday morning, April 16 alongside Mayor Eric Garcetti.
The two-day music festival, which will benefit United Way, is going to take place on Labor Day weekend at the city's Grand Park. It will simultaneously be held at Ben Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia for the third year in a row.
"I want to thank Budweiser for putting together a show that's in the city," Jay Z said at the press conference. "Look how beautiful this park is; it's accessible to everyone. It's inclusion; it's not exclusion. We started two years ago in Philadelphia and had huge success, and I'm sure we'll have even more success here in Los Angeles. We're very proud to be here in America."
More than 50,000 people are expected to attend the music festival in L.A. despite criticism that the event would cause disruption for the neighborhood. "We know how to handle all of this," County Supervisor Gloria Molina said.
"I'm sure every single LA resident is going to deal with a little bit of intrusion from time to time, because at the end of the day, LA is going to have tremendous benefit," she continued and added, "Los Angeles has 99 problems, but Jay Z and Made in America ain't one."
The line-up will be revealed in early May. The festival previously featured performances from Beyonce Knowles, Kendrick Lamar, Miguel, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Nine Inch Nails among others.
More Jay-Z News
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie