Robin Williams to Return for 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel
Robin Williams is expected to be cross-dressing again for "Mrs. Doubtfire 2". According to a scoop from The Hollywood Reporter, Fox 2000 is developing the follow-up story to the classic 1993 comedy with Williams back as the lead role.
Chris Columbus who directed the original movie will reprise his role behind the lens, while David Berenbaum ("Elf") is hired to write the script. The sequel has been in development hell since 2001 with Bonnie Hunt penning a script at one point.
The original "Mrs. Doubtfire", co-produced by Williams, follows a struggling actor who, after a bitter divorce, disguises himself as an old female nanny to spend time with his children held in custody by his former wife. Supported by Sally Field and Pierce Brosnan, it raked in more than $400 million worldwide against a budget of $25 million.
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?