Robin Williams to Return for 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel
Robin Williams is expected to be cross-dressing again for "Mrs. Doubtfire 2". According to a scoop from The Hollywood Reporter, Fox 2000 is developing the follow-up story to the classic 1993 comedy with Williams back as the lead role.
Chris Columbus who directed the original movie will reprise his role behind the lens, while David Berenbaum ("Elf") is hired to write the script. The sequel has been in development hell since 2001 with Bonnie Hunt penning a script at one point.
The original "Mrs. Doubtfire", co-produced by Williams, follows a struggling actor who, after a bitter divorce, disguises himself as an old female nanny to spend time with his children held in custody by his former wife. Supported by Sally Field and Pierce Brosnan, it raked in more than $400 million worldwide against a budget of $25 million.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences