Robin Williams to Return for 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel
Robin Williams is expected to be cross-dressing again for "Mrs. Doubtfire 2". According to a scoop from The Hollywood Reporter, Fox 2000 is developing the follow-up story to the classic 1993 comedy with Williams back as the lead role.
Chris Columbus who directed the original movie will reprise his role behind the lens, while David Berenbaum ("Elf") is hired to write the script. The sequel has been in development hell since 2001 with Bonnie Hunt penning a script at one point.
The original "Mrs. Doubtfire", co-produced by Williams, follows a struggling actor who, after a bitter divorce, disguises himself as an old female nanny to spend time with his children held in custody by his former wife. Supported by Sally Field and Pierce Brosnan, it raked in more than $400 million worldwide against a budget of $25 million.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media