Robin Williams to Return for 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel
Robin Williams is expected to be cross-dressing again for "Mrs. Doubtfire 2". According to a scoop from The Hollywood Reporter, Fox 2000 is developing the follow-up story to the classic 1993 comedy with Williams back as the lead role.
Chris Columbus who directed the original movie will reprise his role behind the lens, while David Berenbaum ("Elf") is hired to write the script. The sequel has been in development hell since 2001 with Bonnie Hunt penning a script at one point.
The original "Mrs. Doubtfire", co-produced by Williams, follows a struggling actor who, after a bitter divorce, disguises himself as an old female nanny to spend time with his children held in custody by his former wife. Supported by Sally Field and Pierce Brosnan, it raked in more than $400 million worldwide against a budget of $25 million.
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher