Robin Williams to Return for 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel
Robin Williams is expected to be cross-dressing again for "Mrs. Doubtfire 2". According to a scoop from The Hollywood Reporter, Fox 2000 is developing the follow-up story to the classic 1993 comedy with Williams back as the lead role.
Chris Columbus who directed the original movie will reprise his role behind the lens, while David Berenbaum ("Elf") is hired to write the script. The sequel has been in development hell since 2001 with Bonnie Hunt penning a script at one point.
The original "Mrs. Doubtfire", co-produced by Williams, follows a struggling actor who, after a bitter divorce, disguises himself as an old female nanny to spend time with his children held in custody by his former wife. Supported by Sally Field and Pierce Brosnan, it raked in more than $400 million worldwide against a budget of $25 million.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy