Rapper Andre Johnson Severs Penis and Jumps Off Building in Alleged Suicide Attempt
Rapper Andre Johnson allegedly has attempted to commit suicide, but he survives. On early Wednesday, April 16, Johnson severed his penis before jumping off an apartment building in Los Angeles. As reported by CNN, Los Angeles Police Sgt. William Mann said that he survived the fall from the second level of a building in North Hollywood. The rapper was seriously injured and was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center to receive treatment.
Johnson, a.k.a. Christ Bearer, is a part of a rap group called Northstar. Previous reports alleged that the rapper was an affiliate of Wu-Tang Clan, but an entry at the super group's site said that Johnson was not affiliated with the brand.
TMZ additionally reported that two of his group members who live in the same apartment building ran downstairs after Johnson jumped off the balcony. According to the two men, Johnson did not consume "any hard drugs that would cause him to do such a thing."
The incident took place only a day after he released a music video for his new track. The song called "Oooh!" is a collaboration with Rugged Monk.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7