Rapper Andre Johnson Severs Penis and Jumps Off Building in Alleged Suicide Attempt
Rapper Andre Johnson allegedly has attempted to commit suicide, but he survives. On early Wednesday, April 16, Johnson severed his penis before jumping off an apartment building in Los Angeles. As reported by CNN, Los Angeles Police Sgt. William Mann said that he survived the fall from the second level of a building in North Hollywood. The rapper was seriously injured and was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center to receive treatment.
Johnson, a.k.a. Christ Bearer, is a part of a rap group called Northstar. Previous reports alleged that the rapper was an affiliate of Wu-Tang Clan, but an entry at the super group's site said that Johnson was not affiliated with the brand.
TMZ additionally reported that two of his group members who live in the same apartment building ran downstairs after Johnson jumped off the balcony. According to the two men, Johnson did not consume "any hard drugs that would cause him to do such a thing."
The incident took place only a day after he released a music video for his new track. The song called "Oooh!" is a collaboration with Rugged Monk.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia