FX Renews 'The Americans' for Third Season After Strong Ratings
"The Americans" will be back for the third season, it has been announced on Wednesday, April 16. The drama starring Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys has quickly become a signature show for FX, taking in an average of 3.08 million total viewers and 1.47 million Adults 18-49 in the current second season.
"The Americans continues be one of the best shows on television," said Presidents of Original Programming for FX Networks and FX Productions Eric Schrier. "Executive Producers Joe Weisberg, Joel Fields and Graham Yost have done a wonderful job delivering two seasons, and the performances from Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys and Noah Emmerich are stellar. Fans will be blown away by the rest of this season, and we can't wait to see what they come up with next year."
Fields added, "We are so delighted and grateful to continue telling the stories of these characters. John Landgraf, Eric Schrier, Nick Grad, and the entire team at FX have been remarkable supporters and creative partners for the show - and we are blessed to have Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys, Noah Emmerich, and an awesome ensemble who bring it all so brilliantly to life."
FX has ordered a 13-episode third season. Six episodes remain in the current season.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked