New 'Salem' Trailer: Witches Are Real
A few days shy of "Salem" premiere, WGN America has debuted another trailer for the new series. The promo video captures the fear that turns the beautiful and peaceful village into a bleak town full of sinister.
"There's something worse than a witch hunt," says Mary Sibley (Janet Montgomery, "Entourage"), a member of Salem's elite who also happens to be a powerful sorceress. Things get complicated as she, years ago, fell in love with John Alden (Shane West, "Nikita"). Serving as a soldier for years in wars, John returns home only to find his village whipped into a witch-hunting frenzy.
Set in the 17th century Massachusetts, "Salem" explores what really fueled the town's infamous witch trials and dares to uncover the dark, supernatural truth behind them. On the show, witches are real, but they are not who or what they seem. It centers on an epic romance wrapped around this explosive revelation and delivers a bold new vision of Salem - and an even bolder new vision of witches.
Supported by Seth Gabel, Ashley Madekwe, Xander Berkeley, Tamzin Merchant and Elise Eberle in the cast ensemble, the supernatural series will debut Sunday, April 20 at 10 P.M. ET on WGN America.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture