Lee Daniels Cancels Tribeca Film Festival Appearance Due to Scheduling Conflict
Lee Daniels is no longer expected to make an appearance at a Tribeca Film Festival event in New York scheduled for later this week. The festival's organizers have released a statement in which they cite scheduling conflict as the reason behind the cancellation.
"Because of an unanticipated schedule conflict, Lee Daniels regretfully has to cancel his appearance on Friday, April 18," read the statement. "We apologize for this change." Refunds are available for fans who already purchased tickets for the event.
Daniels was slated to discuss his career with Robin Roberts (II) as part of the Tribeca Talks: Directors Series. According to Page Six, the filmmaker wouldn't be able to make it to the fest because he would be in L.A. editing the pilot for his new show, "Empire".
The 2014 Tribeca film festival is set to open on Wednesday, April 16 and will run though April 27. The Tribeca Talks series will feature interviews with Ron Howard, Kevin Spacey, Michael Douglas and Shep Gordon.
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young