Lee Daniels Cancels Tribeca Film Festival Appearance Due to Scheduling Conflict
Lee Daniels is no longer expected to make an appearance at a Tribeca Film Festival event in New York scheduled for later this week. The festival's organizers have released a statement in which they cite scheduling conflict as the reason behind the cancellation.
"Because of an unanticipated schedule conflict, Lee Daniels regretfully has to cancel his appearance on Friday, April 18," read the statement. "We apologize for this change." Refunds are available for fans who already purchased tickets for the event.
Daniels was slated to discuss his career with Robin Roberts (II) as part of the Tribeca Talks: Directors Series. According to Page Six, the filmmaker wouldn't be able to make it to the fest because he would be in L.A. editing the pilot for his new show, "Empire".
The 2014 Tribeca film festival is set to open on Wednesday, April 16 and will run though April 27. The Tribeca Talks series will feature interviews with Ron Howard, Kevin Spacey, Michael Douglas and Shep Gordon.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics