Andrew Garfield Confirms Spider-Man Is Jewish
Since Spider-Man's creator Stan Lee is Jewish, many have wondered if the web slinger is a Jew himself. Now Andrew Garfield, the actor who plays the hero in Marc Webb's "The Amazing Spider-Man" franchise, has finally confirmed the speculation.
"Spider-man is neurotic," he tells The Independent. "Peter Parker is not a simple dude. He can't just switch off. He never feels like he's doing enough. And Peter suffers from self-doubt. He ums and ahs about his future because he's neurotic."
"He's Jewish. It's a defining feature," the actor continues. "I hope Jewish people won't mind the cliche, because my father's Jewish. I have that in me for sure. He's an over-thinker. It would be much easier if he was a life-saving robot."
"He is misunderstood , like Jesus," he adds. "I don't mind the Jesus parallel for Spider-Man. Jesus is an awesome guy. When Pontius Pilate said, 'They say you're the son of God. If you're the son of God tell me.' Jesus was like, 'I know who I am, b***h.' "
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will arrive in U.S. theaters on May 2, while "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" will follow on June 10, 2016. A fourth film which may or may not be another "Amazing Spider-Man" installment is scheduled for May 4, 2018. Spin-offs that include "Venom (2017)" and "The Sinister Six" are currently in the works as well.
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers