Andrew Garfield Confirms Spider-Man Is Jewish
Since Spider-Man's creator Stan Lee is Jewish, many have wondered if the web slinger is a Jew himself. Now Andrew Garfield, the actor who plays the hero in Marc Webb's "The Amazing Spider-Man" franchise, has finally confirmed the speculation.
"Spider-man is neurotic," he tells The Independent. "Peter Parker is not a simple dude. He can't just switch off. He never feels like he's doing enough. And Peter suffers from self-doubt. He ums and ahs about his future because he's neurotic."
"He's Jewish. It's a defining feature," the actor continues. "I hope Jewish people won't mind the cliche, because my father's Jewish. I have that in me for sure. He's an over-thinker. It would be much easier if he was a life-saving robot."
"He is misunderstood , like Jesus," he adds. "I don't mind the Jesus parallel for Spider-Man. Jesus is an awesome guy. When Pontius Pilate said, 'They say you're the son of God. If you're the son of God tell me.' Jesus was like, 'I know who I am, b***h.' "
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will arrive in U.S. theaters on May 2, while "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" will follow on June 10, 2016. A fourth film which may or may not be another "Amazing Spider-Man" installment is scheduled for May 4, 2018. Spin-offs that include "Venom (2017)" and "The Sinister Six" are currently in the works as well.
- Meek Mill Takes More Shots at Drake on 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Disney Is Considering a Live-Action Version of 'The Little Mermaid'
- Johnny Depp Protects $400 Net Worth, Refuses Amber Heard's Request for Spousal Support
- 'Limitless' Is Canceled by CBS After One Season, Gets No Second Chance
- Beyonce Holds Hands With Jay-Z During Date Night in NYC
- New 'Captain America' Comic Reveals Steve Rogers Is a Hydra Agent All Along
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp