Maya Rudolph Sets Premiere Date and Books Guests for NBC Variety Show
New updates on Maya Rudolph's variety show special have emerged. Titled "The Maya Rudolph Show", the one-hour special which will serve as a pilot for a possible ongoing version is set to air May 19 at 10 P.M. on NBC.
Guest list for the show has also been revealed. Rudolph's fellow "Saturday Night Live" alumni Andy Samberg and Fred Armisen, Kristen Bell, Chris Parnell, Craig Robinson and Sean Hayes will appear as guests, with Janelle Monae as musical performer and Raphael Saadiq serving as bandleader.
"SNL" creator Lorne Michaels executive produces the variety show special along with Rudolph, David Javerbaum, Erin David and Dave Becky.
After leaving "SNL" in 2007, Rudolph has starred in a number of films including 2011's "Bridesmaids" which reunited her with another former "SNL" regular, Kristen Wiig. She also had a regular role on NBC's "Up All Night", but the show was canceled following one of the leads, Christina Applegate's departure.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group