Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly Reunite for Adam McKay's 'Border Guards'
Sony is bringing together the forces behind 2006's "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" and 2008's "Step Brothers" for a new comedy "Border Guards". Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly will play the key roles, while Adam McKay is expected to serve behind the lens.
The movie is scripted by "Peep Show" creator Jesse Armstrong. It follows two hapless but earnest friends who protect the borders between the U.S. and Mexico from illegal immigrants. In the process, they get stranded in Mexico without identification and have to sneak back across the border.
Reilly recently had a cameo role in Ferrell's "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" which was also directed by McKay. He will next play Rhomann Dey, the leader of the Nova Corps of Xandar, in "Guardians of the Galaxy". Ferrell, meanwhile, will star in comedy "Welcome to Me".
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding