Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly Reunite for Adam McKay's 'Border Guards'
Sony is bringing together the forces behind 2006's "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" and 2008's "Step Brothers" for a new comedy "Border Guards". Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly will play the key roles, while Adam McKay is expected to serve behind the lens.
The movie is scripted by "Peep Show" creator Jesse Armstrong. It follows two hapless but earnest friends who protect the borders between the U.S. and Mexico from illegal immigrants. In the process, they get stranded in Mexico without identification and have to sneak back across the border.
Reilly recently had a cameo role in Ferrell's "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" which was also directed by McKay. He will next play Rhomann Dey, the leader of the Nova Corps of Xandar, in "Guardians of the Galaxy". Ferrell, meanwhile, will star in comedy "Welcome to Me".
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS