Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly Reunite for Adam McKay's 'Border Guards'
Sony is bringing together the forces behind 2006's "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" and 2008's "Step Brothers" for a new comedy "Border Guards". Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly will play the key roles, while Adam McKay is expected to serve behind the lens.
The movie is scripted by "Peep Show" creator Jesse Armstrong. It follows two hapless but earnest friends who protect the borders between the U.S. and Mexico from illegal immigrants. In the process, they get stranded in Mexico without identification and have to sneak back across the border.
Reilly recently had a cameo role in Ferrell's "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" which was also directed by McKay. He will next play Rhomann Dey, the leader of the Nova Corps of Xandar, in "Guardians of the Galaxy". Ferrell, meanwhile, will star in comedy "Welcome to Me".
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image