Video: John Mayer Performs Acoustic Version of Beyonce's 'XO' During Show in Australia
John Mayer gave Beyonce Knowles' "XO" a makeover at his recent show. The 36-year-old singer successfully turned the hit song into a slow-tempo acoustic jam during a concert in Adelaide, Australia, on Tuesday, April 15.
Taking the stage in a blue shirt and a pair of jeans, Mayer performed the song while playing his acoustic guitar. Towards the end of the song, he also played his harmonica. His fans could be heard cheering once he finished the song.
"XO" is a single off "Beyonce", Bey's self-titled album that peaked at No. 1 on Billboard 200 following its release back in December. Penned by hitmaker Ryan Tedder, the track serves as the lead contemporary hit radio single from the LP.
Prior to covering Beyonce's song, Mayer revealed that he's a fan of the 32-year-old diva. Katy Perry's ex-boyfriend, who's currently still promoting his latest studio effort "Paradise Valley", tweeted, "The best thing about Beyonce? The break in her voice on the first 'baby, love me lights out' in 'XO'. Real and raw."
More John Mayer News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked