Video: John Mayer Performs Acoustic Version of Beyonce's 'XO' During Show in Australia
John Mayer gave Beyonce Knowles' "XO" a makeover at his recent show. The 36-year-old singer successfully turned the hit song into a slow-tempo acoustic jam during a concert in Adelaide, Australia, on Tuesday, April 15.
Taking the stage in a blue shirt and a pair of jeans, Mayer performed the song while playing his acoustic guitar. Towards the end of the song, he also played his harmonica. His fans could be heard cheering once he finished the song.
"XO" is a single off "Beyonce", Bey's self-titled album that peaked at No. 1 on Billboard 200 following its release back in December. Penned by hitmaker Ryan Tedder, the track serves as the lead contemporary hit radio single from the LP.
Prior to covering Beyonce's song, Mayer revealed that he's a fan of the 32-year-old diva. Katy Perry's ex-boyfriend, who's currently still promoting his latest studio effort "Paradise Valley", tweeted, "The best thing about Beyonce? The break in her voice on the first 'baby, love me lights out' in 'XO'. Real and raw."
More John Mayer News
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors