Video: John Mayer Performs Acoustic Version of Beyonce's 'XO' During Show in Australia
John Mayer gave Beyonce Knowles' "XO" a makeover at his recent show. The 36-year-old singer successfully turned the hit song into a slow-tempo acoustic jam during a concert in Adelaide, Australia, on Tuesday, April 15.
Taking the stage in a blue shirt and a pair of jeans, Mayer performed the song while playing his acoustic guitar. Towards the end of the song, he also played his harmonica. His fans could be heard cheering once he finished the song.
"XO" is a single off "Beyonce", Bey's self-titled album that peaked at No. 1 on Billboard 200 following its release back in December. Penned by hitmaker Ryan Tedder, the track serves as the lead contemporary hit radio single from the LP.
Prior to covering Beyonce's song, Mayer revealed that he's a fan of the 32-year-old diva. Katy Perry's ex-boyfriend, who's currently still promoting his latest studio effort "Paradise Valley", tweeted, "The best thing about Beyonce? The break in her voice on the first 'baby, love me lights out' in 'XO'. Real and raw."
More John Mayer News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child