Ellen DeGeneres Tops Out Magazine's 2014 Power 50 List
Ellen DeGeneres has reclaimed the first place in Out magazine's Power 50 list, which features most influential LGBT voices in American culture. The talk show host, who last year was placed second, snatches the position from Apple's CEO Tim Cook who falls to second spot this year.
"Everybody loves Ellen, and that's one of the reasons she's regained the top spot," the magazine wrote. This year, the host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" made headlines after a selfie she took with stars at the Oscars broke record of most retweeted post ever and briefly crashed the site.
Neil Patrick Harris, meanwhile, is on sixth place. Robin Roberts (II) and NFL prospect Michael Sam also make it into the top 10. They are placed 9 and 10 respectively. Sam previously talked about his sexual preference in an interview with New York Times, "singlehandedly shifting the discussion about gay men in professional sports."
Ellen Page makes her appearance in the list for the first time at number 29. The "X Men: Days of Future Past" star revealed her sexual preference at Time to THRIVE conference in Las Vegas in February.
Top 10 Figures in Out Magazine's Power 50 List:
- Ellen DeGeneres (talk show host)
- Tim Cook (Apple CEO)
- Rachel Maddow (MSNBC host)
- Tammy Baldwin (U.S. Senator)
- Glenn Greenwald (journalist)
- Ryan Murphy ("Glee", "American Horror Story" creator, producer)
- Neil Patrick Harris (actor)
- Andy Cohen (Bravo executive)
- Michael Sam (football player)
- Robin Roberts (II) ("Good Morning America" host)
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip