Ellen DeGeneres Tops Out Magazine's 2014 Power 50 List
Ellen DeGeneres has reclaimed the first place in Out magazine's Power 50 list, which features most influential LGBT voices in American culture. The talk show host, who last year was placed second, snatches the position from Apple's CEO Tim Cook who falls to second spot this year.
"Everybody loves Ellen, and that's one of the reasons she's regained the top spot," the magazine wrote. This year, the host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" made headlines after a selfie she took with stars at the Oscars broke record of most retweeted post ever and briefly crashed the site.
Neil Patrick Harris, meanwhile, is on sixth place. Robin Roberts (II) and NFL prospect Michael Sam also make it into the top 10. They are placed 9 and 10 respectively. Sam previously talked about his sexual preference in an interview with New York Times, "singlehandedly shifting the discussion about gay men in professional sports."
Ellen Page makes her appearance in the list for the first time at number 29. The "X Men: Days of Future Past" star revealed her sexual preference at Time to THRIVE conference in Las Vegas in February.
Top 10 Figures in Out Magazine's Power 50 List:
- Ellen DeGeneres (talk show host)
- Tim Cook (Apple CEO)
- Rachel Maddow (MSNBC host)
- Tammy Baldwin (U.S. Senator)
- Glenn Greenwald (journalist)
- Ryan Murphy ("Glee", "American Horror Story" creator, producer)
- Neil Patrick Harris (actor)
- Andy Cohen (Bravo executive)
- Michael Sam (football player)
- Robin Roberts (II) ("Good Morning America" host)
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March