Ellen DeGeneres Tops Out Magazine's 2014 Power 50 List
Ellen DeGeneres has reclaimed the first place in Out magazine's Power 50 list, which features most influential LGBT voices in American culture. The talk show host, who last year was placed second, snatches the position from Apple's CEO Tim Cook who falls to second spot this year.
"Everybody loves Ellen, and that's one of the reasons she's regained the top spot," the magazine wrote. This year, the host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" made headlines after a selfie she took with stars at the Oscars broke record of most retweeted post ever and briefly crashed the site.
Neil Patrick Harris, meanwhile, is on sixth place. Robin Roberts (II) and NFL prospect Michael Sam also make it into the top 10. They are placed 9 and 10 respectively. Sam previously talked about his sexual preference in an interview with New York Times, "singlehandedly shifting the discussion about gay men in professional sports."
Ellen Page makes her appearance in the list for the first time at number 29. The "X Men: Days of Future Past" star revealed her sexual preference at Time to THRIVE conference in Las Vegas in February.
Top 10 Figures in Out Magazine's Power 50 List:
- Ellen DeGeneres (talk show host)
- Tim Cook (Apple CEO)
- Rachel Maddow (MSNBC host)
- Tammy Baldwin (U.S. Senator)
- Glenn Greenwald (journalist)
- Ryan Murphy ("Glee", "American Horror Story" creator, producer)
- Neil Patrick Harris (actor)
- Andy Cohen (Bravo executive)
- Michael Sam (football player)
- Robin Roberts (II) ("Good Morning America" host)
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal