'The Voice' Ends Playoffs With Team Usher
"The Voice" is getting closer to the grand finals after wrapping up the Playoffs on Tuesday, April 15. Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Shakira already picked their Top 3 each and it's Usher's turn make the decisions in the latest episode of the singing competition series.
T.J. Wilkins took the stage first, singing "Tell Me Something Good" by Rufus and Chaka Khan. Shakira dubbed him the "ace in Usher's sleeve," while Adam liked that he brought a breath of fresh air. Usher also praised his protege, "You just reminded us of the careless, free nature of that time."
Melissa Jimenez delivered a stripped-down version of Beyonce Knowles' "Halo". Shakira and Adam appreciated her bravery to take on the challenging song. "There's no way to really excel on this show if you don't take any risks," the Maroon 5 frontman said.
Stevie Jo covered "The Thrill Is Gone" by B.B. King. Blake said he's a fan of Stevie. Adam said all technical issues didn't matter when Stevie did a great job in emoting. Shakira praised his raspy moments and falsettos, but wanted to see something different from him if he progressed.
Bria Kelly went with "Wild Horses" by The Rolling Stones, playing the guitar her father bought her. Adam said she's back after faltering a bit in the Battle Rounds, while Shakira loved her "raspy and sultry" voice. Her coach Usher commended her for making the song her own.
Josh Kaufman sang "It Will Rain" by Bruno Mars. Adam, Josh's former coach, said he just "removed a dagger from his heart" after watching the performance. Blake said Josh was Miranda Lambert's favorite singer on the show this season, as Shakira dubbed him "one of the best ones here."
Usher then picked T.J., Bria and Josh to represent his team in the Live Rounds, which will begin next Monday, April 21 at 8 P.M. on NBC.
More The Voice News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce