Jaden Smith and Liev Schreiber to Play Key Roles in Slavery Drama 'Good Lord Bird'
Jaden Smith and Liev Schreiber are set for "The Good Lord Bird". Smith will play a young slave named Henry "Little Onion" Shackleford, while Schreiber will portray abolitionist John Brown, whose rebellion became one of the great catalysts for American Civil War.
The upcoming slavery movie is set to be a big-screen translation of James McBride's book of the same name which won National Book Award last year. The author will also serve as a producer for the feature film along with Schreiber and Brian Taylor.
In this film, Brown's story will be depicted through the eyes of Little Onion. The Kansas slave travels the nation with Brown after being forced to leave the town by his master. The young boy who was mistaken for a girl because he always wears dress witnesses Brown's tireless fight to overthrow the institution of slavery including his historic raid on Harpers Ferry in 1859.
Smith, 15, was last seen on the big screen in "After Earth" where he shared screen with his father Will Smith, and he is expected to return for "The Karate Kid" sequel. Schreiber, 46, played Lyndon B. Johnson in "Lee Daniels' The Butler" and will next appear in "Pawn Sacrifice".
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal