Stephen Colbert Set to Visit 'Late Show' Next Week
David Letterman may introduce his replacement to "Late Show" audience early. The veteran late-night talk show host will welcome his successor Stephen Colbert as a guest next week, on Tuesday, April 22.
This will be the first time the "Colbert Report" host visits "Late Show with David Letterman" since he was announced as the new "Late Show" host. He has been a frequent guest on the show.
Colbert will take over the CBS show after Letterman retires sometime in 2015. Fellow late-night show host Conan O'Brien has said that Colbert's the "right person" for the job. "I wasn't up for it," the comedian, who is currently hosting "CONAN" on TBS, said during a break from rehearsing for the recent MTV Movie Awards.
"I'm very happy where I am, but I love Stephen. I think Stephen is great. I'm a huge fan of his as a comic and as a human being. I think it's fantastic. I'm really glad that he got the job. I look forward to seeing his show." He added, "I was very happy because I have such respect for Dave. I'm glad that it's the right person getting it."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences