Stephen Colbert Set to Visit 'Late Show' Next Week
David Letterman may introduce his replacement to "Late Show" audience early. The veteran late-night talk show host will welcome his successor Stephen Colbert as a guest next week, on Tuesday, April 22.
This will be the first time the "Colbert Report" host visits "Late Show with David Letterman" since he was announced as the new "Late Show" host. He has been a frequent guest on the show.
Colbert will take over the CBS show after Letterman retires sometime in 2015. Fellow late-night show host Conan O'Brien has said that Colbert's the "right person" for the job. "I wasn't up for it," the comedian, who is currently hosting "CONAN" on TBS, said during a break from rehearsing for the recent MTV Movie Awards.
"I'm very happy where I am, but I love Stephen. I think Stephen is great. I'm a huge fan of his as a comic and as a human being. I think it's fantastic. I'm really glad that he got the job. I look forward to seeing his show." He added, "I was very happy because I have such respect for Dave. I'm glad that it's the right person getting it."
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper