'V/H/S' Director David Bruckner in Talks to Helm 'Friday the 13th' Reboot
The Wrap reports that David Bruckner is eyed to breathe new life into the masked killing machine, Jason Voorhees, in a "Friday the 13th" reboot. He is known for directing a segment called "Amateur Night" for 2012's anthology film "V/H/S". He also helmed a micro-budgeted scary movie "The Signal" in 2007.
The reboot is scheduled to haunt theaters everywhere in the United States starting March 13, 2015. The upcoming "Friday the 13th (2015)" installment will be the thirteenth entry in the franchise. Michael Bay who produced the previous installment will be involved in the production for this upcoming feature film.
Started in 1980, the cult slasher movie franchise chronicles the brutal killing of a group of youngsters by the serial killer with a razor sharp machete. It spawned a crossover story with another cult slasher pic, "A Nightmare on Elm Street", in 2003's "Freddy vs Jason". The last "Friday the 13th" movie released in 2009 grossed nearly $100 million worldwide. It starred Derek Mears, Jared Padalecki, and Amanda Righetti.
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell