'V/H/S' Director David Bruckner in Talks to Helm 'Friday the 13th' Reboot
The Wrap reports that David Bruckner is eyed to breathe new life into the masked killing machine, Jason Voorhees, in a "Friday the 13th" reboot. He is known for directing a segment called "Amateur Night" for 2012's anthology film "V/H/S". He also helmed a micro-budgeted scary movie "The Signal" in 2007.
The reboot is scheduled to haunt theaters everywhere in the United States starting March 13, 2015. The upcoming "Friday the 13th (2015)" installment will be the thirteenth entry in the franchise. Michael Bay who produced the previous installment will be involved in the production for this upcoming feature film.
Started in 1980, the cult slasher movie franchise chronicles the brutal killing of a group of youngsters by the serial killer with a razor sharp machete. It spawned a crossover story with another cult slasher pic, "A Nightmare on Elm Street", in 2003's "Freddy vs Jason". The last "Friday the 13th" movie released in 2009 grossed nearly $100 million worldwide. It starred Derek Mears, Jared Padalecki, and Amanda Righetti.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding