'V/H/S' Director David Bruckner in Talks to Helm 'Friday the 13th' Reboot
The Wrap reports that David Bruckner is eyed to breathe new life into the masked killing machine, Jason Voorhees, in a "Friday the 13th" reboot. He is known for directing a segment called "Amateur Night" for 2012's anthology film "V/H/S". He also helmed a micro-budgeted scary movie "The Signal" in 2007.
The reboot is scheduled to haunt theaters everywhere in the United States starting March 13, 2015. The upcoming "Friday the 13th (2015)" installment will be the thirteenth entry in the franchise. Michael Bay who produced the previous installment will be involved in the production for this upcoming feature film.
Started in 1980, the cult slasher movie franchise chronicles the brutal killing of a group of youngsters by the serial killer with a razor sharp machete. It spawned a crossover story with another cult slasher pic, "A Nightmare on Elm Street", in 2003's "Freddy vs Jason". The last "Friday the 13th" movie released in 2009 grossed nearly $100 million worldwide. It starred Derek Mears, Jared Padalecki, and Amanda Righetti.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard