'V/H/S' Director David Bruckner in Talks to Helm 'Friday the 13th' Reboot
The Wrap reports that David Bruckner is eyed to breathe new life into the masked killing machine, Jason Voorhees, in a "Friday the 13th" reboot. He is known for directing a segment called "Amateur Night" for 2012's anthology film "V/H/S". He also helmed a micro-budgeted scary movie "The Signal" in 2007.
The reboot is scheduled to haunt theaters everywhere in the United States starting March 13, 2015. The upcoming "Friday the 13th (2015)" installment will be the thirteenth entry in the franchise. Michael Bay who produced the previous installment will be involved in the production for this upcoming feature film.
Started in 1980, the cult slasher movie franchise chronicles the brutal killing of a group of youngsters by the serial killer with a razor sharp machete. It spawned a crossover story with another cult slasher pic, "A Nightmare on Elm Street", in 2003's "Freddy vs Jason". The last "Friday the 13th" movie released in 2009 grossed nearly $100 million worldwide. It starred Derek Mears, Jared Padalecki, and Amanda Righetti.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?