AC/DC's Retirement Rumor Shot Down by Insiders
Reports that emerged earlier this week suggested that Australian rock band AC/DC was planning to announce their disbandment due to one member's, presumably Malcolm Young's, serious illness. However, multiple insiders have told Billboard that the rumors are not true.
The retirement talk began after entertainment commentator Peter Ford said on radio station 3AW that fans would never see the band "perform or record ever again." Shortly after Ford made the comment, member Young was reported returning to Australia with his family after he fell ill.
Someone only known as Thunderstruck sent Perth radio station 6PR an anonymous e-mail that read, "I have extremely good contacts in Europe that are very close to AC/DC. I have it on very good authority that one of the band members is quite ill and has returned to Australia with his family."
"AC/DC members have previously made a pact that no band members will be replaced should someone need to leave the band. No more is currently being said, however the particularly ill member of AC/DC's son has stated that AC/DC may well be over," the mail continued.
While some "insiders" have shot down the retirement rumors, AC/DC's management and the band's current label Columbia Records have chosen not to comment on the matter.
AC/DC, formed in 1973, has sold more than 200 million albums over a career spanning more than four decades. Other reports have claimed that the band will start working on their 16th album as they already have six weeks of studio time booked for May.
More AC/DC News
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio