Mexican Singer Juan Gabriel Hospitalized With Pneumonia in Las Vegas
Mexican singer Juan Gabriel is being treated in a hospital in Las Vegas after he suffered from pneumonia. According to a statement released by his tour company publicity firm D. Baron Media Relations on Tuesday, April 15, Gabriel was sent to intensive care after he had a fever and congestion on Monday morning.
Prior to the hospitalization, Gabriel performed a three-hour show in Mandalay Bay resort in Las Vegas. Representatives for the 64-year-old singer/songwriter said that his condition was improving and he is expected to be released in a few days.
Gabriel kicked off his "Volver" tour earlier this month. Because of the health issue, Gabriel unfortunately has to cancel three shows which are supposed to take place this week. Two shows which are scheduled to take place in Los Angeles on Wednesday and Thursday as well as another gig in San Jose, Calif. on Saturday are called off. CMN Events will announce the new dates later in the week.
The iconic singer, whose real name is Alberto Aguilera Valadez, is one of the best-selling Latin recording artists of all time. Gabriel who is popular with his songs such as "No Tengo Dinero", "Siempre En Mi Mente" and "El Noa Noa" is expected to go back onstage on May 1.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'