Dina Lohan Pleads Guilty to DWI to Dodge Jail
Dina Lohan just wanted her DWI case to be closed soon. The mother of actress Lindsay Lohan pleaded guilty to aggravated drunken driving in a Hempstead court Tuesday, April 15.
The 51-year-old told Newsday outside the court, "I'll never be back here again. You can quote me on that one." Nassau District Court Judge Andrew Engel ordered her to 100 hours of community service before her June 3 sentencing.
The charges stemmed from her September 2013 DWI arrest on Long Island on the Northern State Parkway in Oyster Bay. She was going 77 mph in a 55 mph zone in her white BMW and failed breathalyser test. She had a .20% alcohol in her blood system, which is twice the legal limit.
Back in September, Dina pled not guilty accompanied by her attorney, Mark Heller. Dina has since been offered a settlement. "On this, the first day of Passover, an offer has been made to Dina Lohan that is too good to pass over - no jail, no probation and the opportunity to resume her driving," Heller said.
Per Newsday, the judge planned to give her a conditional discharge, a year in which she'll have to follow sentence terms and not get re-arrested. Dina's driver's license will also be revoked for a year, and she will have to attend driver education classes. She will have to wear alcohol ignition interlock devices in vehicles she owns or drives.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked