Miley Cyrus Tweeted Apology After Hospitalized for Allergy
Miley Cyrus was rushed to hospital after suffering severe allergic reaction to some antibiotics she was taking. The "Wrecking Ball" singer was hospitalized on Tuesday, April 15 and therefore was not able to perform in Kansas City as scheduled.
"Cyrus has been hospitalized for a severe allergic reaction to antibiotics and has been placed on medical rest by her doctors," a statement from Kansas City's Sprint Center read. No replacement date has been announced yet.
Cyrus herself tweeted an apology to fans for canceling the concert. "Kansas I promise I'm as heartbroken as you are. I wanted to badly 2 b there 2night," she wrote. "Not being with yall makes me feel s***tier than I already do."
She also posted a photo of her on hospital bed holding a toy octopus. "Mr. Octopussy & some amazing Drs are taking good care of me," she captioned.
Cyrus has been ill in the past few days. She tweeted on Monday, April 14, "I woke up like disssss #SICK," adding, "Fever fever go away." She has also canceled her concert that day in Charlotte due to flu.
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance