'DWTS' Pro Dancer Peta Murgatroyd Calls Cody Simpson's Ousting 'Crazy'
"Dancing with the Stars" pro Peta Murgatroyd has reacted to Cody Simpson's shocking elimination on the show. As many didn't see it coming, she told E! News after the Monday, April 14 episode that the Aussie singer's ousting was "crazy." She said in disbelief, "I thought he had so many fans."
Peta and her celebrity partner James Maslow, meanwhile, had a reason to celebrate that night following their contemporary dance to "Let It Go" which earned the first perfect score of the season. Staying humble, the Big Time Rush singer admitted he was "pretty psyched" and "a little overwhelmed" by the accomplishment.
"We were hopeful, we were ambitious, but we were also the most nervous we've probably ever been before a performance because we were that ambitious," he revealed how he felt prior to the performance, which earned rave reviews from the judges.
Citing Cody's case, James thought his already existing fanbase wouldn't be enough to help him through the dancing competition. "It's not just the fanbase. It's the combination of the fanbase you have existing and how well you do in the competition with the scores," he explained.
"And then I really think there's a huge fanbase for Cody and I, who have younger fans, may not have known who we were at the beginning ... we have to earn their votes and it's a reminder to me and to her, like, hey, we're not safe at any time."
The results of this week's performances will be revealed next Monday, April 21.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers