WWE Star The Ultimate Warrior Died From Cardiovascular Disease
The cause of death of WWE star The Ultimate Warrior has been revealed. The former pro wrestler passed away earlier this months at the age of 54, only a few days after he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame and officials recently confirmed that he died from natural causes.
A representative for Maricopa County Medical Examiner's office confirmed on Monday, April 14 that Warrior's death was caused by "atherosclerotic/arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease." Scottsdale police previously said that there was no sign of foul play.
According to TMZ, Warrior was walking with his wife to the car outside Arizona hotel when he suddenly clutched his chest. The wrestler was taken to a hospital where he later was pronounced dead.
"WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior," WWE said in a statement posted on their website. "WWE sends its sincere condolences to Warrior's family, friends and fans."
Some wrestlers took to Twitter to pay tribute upon learning of the sad news. "RIP WARRIOR. only love," Hulk Hogan wrote. Triple H, meanwhile, tweeted, "Saddened to announce the passing of the Ultimate Warrior. Icon and friend. My sympathy to his wife Dana and his daughters."
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke