WWE Star The Ultimate Warrior Died From Cardiovascular Disease
The cause of death of WWE star The Ultimate Warrior has been revealed. The former pro wrestler passed away earlier this months at the age of 54, only a few days after he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame and officials recently confirmed that he died from natural causes.
A representative for Maricopa County Medical Examiner's office confirmed on Monday, April 14 that Warrior's death was caused by "atherosclerotic/arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease." Scottsdale police previously said that there was no sign of foul play.
According to TMZ, Warrior was walking with his wife to the car outside Arizona hotel when he suddenly clutched his chest. The wrestler was taken to a hospital where he later was pronounced dead.
"WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior," WWE said in a statement posted on their website. "WWE sends its sincere condolences to Warrior's family, friends and fans."
Some wrestlers took to Twitter to pay tribute upon learning of the sad news. "RIP WARRIOR. only love," Hulk Hogan wrote. Triple H, meanwhile, tweeted, "Saddened to announce the passing of the Ultimate Warrior. Icon and friend. My sympathy to his wife Dana and his daughters."
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular