Pharrell Breaks Down in Tears After Oprah Winfrey Shows Him 'Happy' Fan Video
Pharrell Williams cried "Happy" tears when making appearance on OWN's "Oprah Prime" on April 13. Wearing a gray top and a green Vivienne Westwood hat, the mega producer the mega producer sat down with Oprah Winfrey to talk about his work. "Zero airplay, nothing," he said of "Happy" which was released back in June.
"And next thing you know we put the video on November 21st, all of a sudden, boom," he continued. The media mogul then showed him a compilation video of fans from various countries dancing to the hit.
Pharrell, who was crying after watching the clip, quipped, "Why am I crying on 'Oprah'?" While he tried to overcome his emotion, Oprah said, "I was just thinking of your grandmother. I bet she didn't even imagine that."
"It's overwhelming because I love what I do and I just appreciate the fact that like, people have believed in me for so long, that I could make it to this point to feel that," he explained a few seconds later. "I get it. I really get it," Oprah replied.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones