Pharrell Breaks Down in Tears After Oprah Winfrey Shows Him 'Happy' Fan Video
Pharrell Williams cried "Happy" tears when making appearance on OWN's "Oprah Prime" on April 13. Wearing a gray top and a green Vivienne Westwood hat, the mega producer the mega producer sat down with Oprah Winfrey to talk about his work. "Zero airplay, nothing," he said of "Happy" which was released back in June.
"And next thing you know we put the video on November 21st, all of a sudden, boom," he continued. The media mogul then showed him a compilation video of fans from various countries dancing to the hit.
Pharrell, who was crying after watching the clip, quipped, "Why am I crying on 'Oprah'?" While he tried to overcome his emotion, Oprah said, "I was just thinking of your grandmother. I bet she didn't even imagine that."
"It's overwhelming because I love what I do and I just appreciate the fact that like, people have believed in me for so long, that I could make it to this point to feel that," he explained a few seconds later. "I get it. I really get it," Oprah replied.
More Pharrell Williams News
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer