Pharrell Breaks Down in Tears After Oprah Winfrey Shows Him 'Happy' Fan Video
Pharrell Williams cried "Happy" tears when making appearance on OWN's "Oprah Prime" on April 13. Wearing a gray top and a green Vivienne Westwood hat, the mega producer the mega producer sat down with Oprah Winfrey to talk about his work. "Zero airplay, nothing," he said of "Happy" which was released back in June.
"And next thing you know we put the video on November 21st, all of a sudden, boom," he continued. The media mogul then showed him a compilation video of fans from various countries dancing to the hit.
Pharrell, who was crying after watching the clip, quipped, "Why am I crying on 'Oprah'?" While he tried to overcome his emotion, Oprah said, "I was just thinking of your grandmother. I bet she didn't even imagine that."
"It's overwhelming because I love what I do and I just appreciate the fact that like, people have believed in me for so long, that I could make it to this point to feel that," he explained a few seconds later. "I get it. I really get it," Oprah replied.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Justin Bieber Shares His Old Mugshot, Reflects on His Troubled Past
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her