Pharrell Breaks Down in Tears After Oprah Winfrey Shows Him 'Happy' Fan Video
Pharrell Williams cried "Happy" tears when making appearance on OWN's "Oprah Prime" on April 13. Wearing a gray top and a green Vivienne Westwood hat, the mega producer the mega producer sat down with Oprah Winfrey to talk about his work. "Zero airplay, nothing," he said of "Happy" which was released back in June.
"And next thing you know we put the video on November 21st, all of a sudden, boom," he continued. The media mogul then showed him a compilation video of fans from various countries dancing to the hit.
Pharrell, who was crying after watching the clip, quipped, "Why am I crying on 'Oprah'?" While he tried to overcome his emotion, Oprah said, "I was just thinking of your grandmother. I bet she didn't even imagine that."
"It's overwhelming because I love what I do and I just appreciate the fact that like, people have believed in me for so long, that I could make it to this point to feel that," he explained a few seconds later. "I get it. I really get it," Oprah replied.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics