Brad Pitt to Play General Stanley McChrystal in Military Drama 'The Operators'
Brad Pitt boards a new war movie called "The Operators". The actor is expected to tackle the lead role in the pic about General Stanley McChrystal. He is also attached to produce through his Plan B banner along with New Regency and Brett Ratner's RatPac Entertainment.
McChrystal is a former commanding general of international and U.S. forces in Afghanistan. He was unceremoniously fired after a 2010 Rolling Stone article by late journalist Michael Hastings revealed that he openly bashed President Barack Obama and his administrations.
The film is written and directed by Australian director David Michod ("Animal Kingdom", "The Rover"). It will be based on Hastings' book, "The Operators: The Wild and Terrifying Inside Story of America's War in Afghanistan", that picks up where his Rolling Stone coup ended.
Pitt will next be seen in David Ayer's war film "Fury". He is also producing a movie about Steubenville rape case. It tells the story of a hacker named Deric Lostutter who helped expose the cover-up of a rape by high school football players and was subsequently jailed for his actions.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked