Brad Pitt to Play General Stanley McChrystal in Military Drama 'The Operators'
Brad Pitt boards a new war movie called "The Operators". The actor is expected to tackle the lead role in the pic about General Stanley McChrystal. He is also attached to produce through his Plan B banner along with New Regency and Brett Ratner's RatPac Entertainment.
McChrystal is a former commanding general of international and U.S. forces in Afghanistan. He was unceremoniously fired after a 2010 Rolling Stone article by late journalist Michael Hastings revealed that he openly bashed President Barack Obama and his administrations.
The film is written and directed by Australian director David Michod ("Animal Kingdom", "The Rover"). It will be based on Hastings' book, "The Operators: The Wild and Terrifying Inside Story of America's War in Afghanistan", that picks up where his Rolling Stone coup ended.
Pitt will next be seen in David Ayer's war film "Fury". He is also producing a movie about Steubenville rape case. It tells the story of a hacker named Deric Lostutter who helped expose the cover-up of a rape by high school football players and was subsequently jailed for his actions.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance