Brad Pitt to Play General Stanley McChrystal in Military Drama 'The Operators'
Brad Pitt boards a new war movie called "The Operators". The actor is expected to tackle the lead role in the pic about General Stanley McChrystal. He is also attached to produce through his Plan B banner along with New Regency and Brett Ratner's RatPac Entertainment.
McChrystal is a former commanding general of international and U.S. forces in Afghanistan. He was unceremoniously fired after a 2010 Rolling Stone article by late journalist Michael Hastings revealed that he openly bashed President Barack Obama and his administrations.
The film is written and directed by Australian director David Michod ("Animal Kingdom", "The Rover"). It will be based on Hastings' book, "The Operators: The Wild and Terrifying Inside Story of America's War in Afghanistan", that picks up where his Rolling Stone coup ended.
Pitt will next be seen in David Ayer's war film "Fury". He is also producing a movie about Steubenville rape case. It tells the story of a hacker named Deric Lostutter who helped expose the cover-up of a rape by high school football players and was subsequently jailed for his actions.
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush