Brad Pitt to Play General Stanley McChrystal in Military Drama 'The Operators'
Brad Pitt boards a new war movie called "The Operators". The actor is expected to tackle the lead role in the pic about General Stanley McChrystal. He is also attached to produce through his Plan B banner along with New Regency and Brett Ratner's RatPac Entertainment.
McChrystal is a former commanding general of international and U.S. forces in Afghanistan. He was unceremoniously fired after a 2010 Rolling Stone article by late journalist Michael Hastings revealed that he openly bashed President Barack Obama and his administrations.
The film is written and directed by Australian director David Michod ("Animal Kingdom", "The Rover"). It will be based on Hastings' book, "The Operators: The Wild and Terrifying Inside Story of America's War in Afghanistan", that picks up where his Rolling Stone coup ended.
Pitt will next be seen in David Ayer's war film "Fury". He is also producing a movie about Steubenville rape case. It tells the story of a hacker named Deric Lostutter who helped expose the cover-up of a rape by high school football players and was subsequently jailed for his actions.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'