Brad Pitt to Play General Stanley McChrystal in Military Drama 'The Operators'
Brad Pitt boards a new war movie called "The Operators". The actor is expected to tackle the lead role in the pic about General Stanley McChrystal. He is also attached to produce through his Plan B banner along with New Regency and Brett Ratner's RatPac Entertainment.
McChrystal is a former commanding general of international and U.S. forces in Afghanistan. He was unceremoniously fired after a 2010 Rolling Stone article by late journalist Michael Hastings revealed that he openly bashed President Barack Obama and his administrations.
The film is written and directed by Australian director David Michod ("Animal Kingdom", "The Rover"). It will be based on Hastings' book, "The Operators: The Wild and Terrifying Inside Story of America's War in Afghanistan", that picks up where his Rolling Stone coup ended.
Pitt will next be seen in David Ayer's war film "Fury". He is also producing a movie about Steubenville rape case. It tells the story of a hacker named Deric Lostutter who helped expose the cover-up of a rape by high school football players and was subsequently jailed for his actions.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival