Flavor Flav Sentenced to Probation in Domestic Assault Case
Flavor Flav has been sentenced to probation in an assault case which stemmed from an altercation with his girlfriend's son in 2012. Flav pleaded guilty to misdemeanor domestic violence charges at Clark County District Court in Las Vegas on Monday, April 14.
He struck a plea deal with prosecutors so that he could avoid being tried in felony charges. Flav then was sentenced to a year of probation and 12 domestic counseling sessions with his longtime girlfriend's teenage son. Another hearing has been scheduled for August 18.
The 55-year-old rapper was accused of threatening his girlfriend's 17-year-old son with knife during an argument in October 2012. He originally was charged with child abuse, assault with a deadly weapon and battery domestic violence. His charges then were reduced to two counts of misdemeanor which included attempted battery with substantial bodily harm and battery constituting domestic violence.
Flav, whose real name is William Drayton, Jr., however is still facing another legal problem. He was arrested in New York back in January and is set to go back in court on May 16 after he pleaded not guilty to speeding, possession of marijuana and felony aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'