Flavor Flav Sentenced to Probation in Domestic Assault Case
Flavor Flav has been sentenced to probation in an assault case which stemmed from an altercation with his girlfriend's son in 2012. Flav pleaded guilty to misdemeanor domestic violence charges at Clark County District Court in Las Vegas on Monday, April 14.
He struck a plea deal with prosecutors so that he could avoid being tried in felony charges. Flav then was sentenced to a year of probation and 12 domestic counseling sessions with his longtime girlfriend's teenage son. Another hearing has been scheduled for August 18.
The 55-year-old rapper was accused of threatening his girlfriend's 17-year-old son with knife during an argument in October 2012. He originally was charged with child abuse, assault with a deadly weapon and battery domestic violence. His charges then were reduced to two counts of misdemeanor which included attempted battery with substantial bodily harm and battery constituting domestic violence.
Flav, whose real name is William Drayton, Jr., however is still facing another legal problem. He was arrested in New York back in January and is set to go back in court on May 16 after he pleaded not guilty to speeding, possession of marijuana and felony aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- A Cheeky Man Outshines Doutzen Kroes During Bikini Photo Shoot by Baring His Bum
- Rita Ora Strips Down to Nude Bra on Instagram - See the Racy Lingerie Snap
- R. Kelly Sued for Allegedly Having a 5-Year Affair With a Man's Wife
- Tristan Thompson Reportedly Will Propose to Khloe Kardashian After NBA Championship
- 'Petty' Kylie Jenner's Not Happy Scott Disick Still Hangs Out With Her Ex Tyga
- 'The Walking Dead': The First Two New Characters in Season 8 Revealed
- 'Unbreakable'/'Split' Sequel 'Glass' Is Announced, Bruce Willis and James McAvoy Will Return
- Kim Kardashian's 'Jealous' of Kourtney's Hot Beach Body