Flavor Flav Sentenced to Probation in Domestic Assault Case
Flavor Flav has been sentenced to probation in an assault case which stemmed from an altercation with his girlfriend's son in 2012. Flav pleaded guilty to misdemeanor domestic violence charges at Clark County District Court in Las Vegas on Monday, April 14.
He struck a plea deal with prosecutors so that he could avoid being tried in felony charges. Flav then was sentenced to a year of probation and 12 domestic counseling sessions with his longtime girlfriend's teenage son. Another hearing has been scheduled for August 18.
The 55-year-old rapper was accused of threatening his girlfriend's 17-year-old son with knife during an argument in October 2012. He originally was charged with child abuse, assault with a deadly weapon and battery domestic violence. His charges then were reduced to two counts of misdemeanor which included attempted battery with substantial bodily harm and battery constituting domestic violence.
Flav, whose real name is William Drayton, Jr., however is still facing another legal problem. He was arrested in New York back in January and is set to go back in court on May 16 after he pleaded not guilty to speeding, possession of marijuana and felony aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo