Lana Del Rey Premieres 'West Coast'
Lana Del Rey's anticipated new single, "West Coast", finally arrived in full on Monday, April 14. The track was co-written by Del Rey and Rick Nowels and it serves as the lead cut off the 27-year-old star's upcoming album, "Ultraviolence".
"West Coast" is a mid-tempo pop/rock tune that features Del Rey showcasing her voice over the sounds of guitar and drum. The song comes along with a black-and-white short video of the singer and her on-screen boyfriend frolicking on the beach.
Prior to officially dropping the new single, Del Rey debuted the track in full during her set at Coachella on Sunday night. Previously, she teased the song by singing a little part of it live for fans who attended her show at The Chelsea in Las Vegas on Friday.
"Ultraviolence" is expected to be released later this year. The New York artist has worked with Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys for the follow-up to her 2012 album "Born to Die". "The record is finished and it's beautiful; it's so wrong and exquisite," she recently said of her new album in a statement. "It is absolutely gorgeous, darker than the first."
More Lana Del Rey News
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Seen Filming 'Red Sparrow' in Budapest
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme