Lana Del Rey Premieres 'West Coast'
Lana Del Rey's anticipated new single, "West Coast", finally arrived in full on Monday, April 14. The track was co-written by Del Rey and Rick Nowels and it serves as the lead cut off the 27-year-old star's upcoming album, "Ultraviolence".
"West Coast" is a mid-tempo pop/rock tune that features Del Rey showcasing her voice over the sounds of guitar and drum. The song comes along with a black-and-white short video of the singer and her on-screen boyfriend frolicking on the beach.
Prior to officially dropping the new single, Del Rey debuted the track in full during her set at Coachella on Sunday night. Previously, she teased the song by singing a little part of it live for fans who attended her show at The Chelsea in Las Vegas on Friday.
"Ultraviolence" is expected to be released later this year. The New York artist has worked with Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys for the follow-up to her 2012 album "Born to Die". "The record is finished and it's beautiful; it's so wrong and exquisite," she recently said of her new album in a statement. "It is absolutely gorgeous, darker than the first."
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof