Lana Del Rey Premieres 'West Coast'
Lana Del Rey's anticipated new single, "West Coast", finally arrived in full on Monday, April 14. The track was co-written by Del Rey and Rick Nowels and it serves as the lead cut off the 27-year-old star's upcoming album, "Ultraviolence".
"West Coast" is a mid-tempo pop/rock tune that features Del Rey showcasing her voice over the sounds of guitar and drum. The song comes along with a black-and-white short video of the singer and her on-screen boyfriend frolicking on the beach.
Prior to officially dropping the new single, Del Rey debuted the track in full during her set at Coachella on Sunday night. Previously, she teased the song by singing a little part of it live for fans who attended her show at The Chelsea in Las Vegas on Friday.
"Ultraviolence" is expected to be released later this year. The New York artist has worked with Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys for the follow-up to her 2012 album "Born to Die". "The record is finished and it's beautiful; it's so wrong and exquisite," she recently said of her new album in a statement. "It is absolutely gorgeous, darker than the first."
More Lana Del Rey News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal